Chapter Seven

Sora woke, tucked in her bed. She sat upright in a panic and glanced around the room curiously. She didn't remember putting herself to bed. The last thing she remembered was sitting on the sofa with Hawks watching The Great British Baking Show. Her cheeks reddened, did she fall asleep on him? A groan escaped her and she quickly buried herself under her blankets as she thought of all the horrifying things she could have done in her sleep to mortify herself. What if she snored, drooled or said something embarrassing?

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Sora whined before screaming into her pillow.

"Sora?" Fauna's concerned voice shook her from her mini meltdown.

Sora slowly put her pillow aside and peeked out from under her covers to see several plushies climbing onto her bed to sit around her and a small cloud of brightly colored pixies floating in the air above her.

"What happened last night?" Sora asked anxiously.

"You fell asleep and that handsome hero was sweet enough to tuck you in and locked up before leaving. I like him, he's respectable. A perfect gentleman." Fauna replied.

"Did I do anything weird?" Sora asked nervously.

"Of course not, you were your charming and adorable usual self." Fauna reassured the panicking teen.

"My usual self is an awkward mess." Sora groaned and buried herself under her blankets again.

"Sora! I want cartoons!" Henry cried, the narwhal plush slunk under the covers next to her and she reeled back to avoid getting stabbed in the eye.

"Okay. Cartoons are a good start to the day." Sora smiled and scooped up the narwhal into her arms before exiting her bed. She paused as she spotted her phone lying atop her nightstand, the notification light was flashing. She held Henry with one hand and reached for her phone with the other. She didn't usually get notifications, occasionally the bank called to remind her about her loan payments, and sometimes telemarketers, but that was it.

Her eyes grew wide as she realized she had a text message. She opened it up and a soft squeal escaped her as she looked at the contact name and photo. It was a photo of Hawks and the contact name read Keigo Takami. She was so excited that he'd added himself into her phone that she completely forgot about the message.

"Sora?" Her pixie friends looked at her curiously as she squealed in delight.

"Oh! I forgot to read the message!" She squeaked and quickly hurried back to the messages and opened her unread message.

K: Thanks for dining with me last night. Looking forward to our next dinner date.

There was a cute smiley emoji after the message. Sora's cheeks flushed scarlet and she nearly dropped her phone as she was overcome with giddiness.

"Sora, are you going to respond?" Fauna interrupted her awkward happy dance.

"EEP! I almost forgot to respond!" Sora squealed and opened the message again. Her thumb hovered over the keyboard on the screen as she struggled to think of how to respond. "Oh no...what do I say?!" She panicked.

She typed out and erased several responses before accidentally pressing send on one of her attempts leaving her feeling even more mortified than she'd been to begin with. "NOOO!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!" Sora yelped before groaning dejectedly and dropping to the floor as her message was sent.

S: Thanks for taking care of me. Maybe next time we can cook at your place?

"Stupid. Stupid. Stupid." Sora groaned aloud as she wallowed on the floor in embarrassment. Her phone chimed as she received a response and she wished desperately that she could just disappear. Why did she have to say that?! She practically invited herself over to his house. Nervously she picked up her phone.