"Are you in love with my son?" Florencia asked.

Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair before looking at her.

"Unfortunately, I am."

"I knew you were. I know that he loves you too. He's just scared of being a father. He's never been in this position before and no I'm not making excuses for him or his behavior. What I am saying however is that growing up the way he did he saw his father abuse me. Physically, mentally, verbally, and emotionally. So, I think with him being in the position that he was it turned him off to being a father. Even though he never actually saw it happen he saw the aftermath of me being abused. I know that he has scars and demons that he needs to confront and deal with, but don't give up on him. Looking at you and listening to you I can tell that you truly care about him."

Feeling tears come to my eyes, I sniffled and wiped the tears that threatened to come down my face.

"I know what it's like to experience abuse. My ex husband and I fought all the time. I never knew if my children were effected by it or if it ever did anything to them, because I never actually asked them, but one thing I do know is that I can't sympathize with him if he doesn't let me know what's going on in his head. I tried to get him to talk to me and he wouldn't. Once he found out I was pregnant he completely freaked out and said that it was best if we went our separate ways. Those words completely broke my heart because of me loving him. I was so happy with him. He was my happy. I want him back. I just wish that he would do right." I sniffled.

Placing her hand on mine, Florencia looked at me sympathetically.

"After you found out you were pregnant and he left what did you do?"

"I told him I would get an abortion." I said, feeling more tears come to my eyes.

"Is that what you really want?" Florencia asked.

"No, I don't. I just so don't want to raise a child without a father. I need Maurice to be in this child's life, but he refuses and I don't know what to do. I'm really scared."

I placed my hands over my face as I began to cry. Getting up, Florencia came over to me and sat down next to me. She pulled me into a hug and let me cry. Before I knew it I'd completely broke down in her arms.

"Listen to me, Dorinda. You don't have to do this alone. I know that you don't know anything about me, but one thing I can say is that I'm here for you. My daughter and I want to help you so I have a proposition for you." Florencia said.

"I'm listening." I sniffled.

"I don't want you to get rid of my grandchild and you obviously don't want to get rid of it either. So, my proposition for you is if Maurice won't step up and take care of his responsibilities I will. I'll provide you with anything you need. You have the baby and if you absolutely can't do it you can give the child to me and I will raise it for you, okay? Either way you will be taken cared of so don't worry sweetheart. I got you."

Listening to the support coming from her lips, my heart became full knowing that she was literally such a saint.

"Thank you." I sniffled. Sitting up, I wiped the tears from my eyes.

Seeing two women approach our table, one being Karen made me sigh.

"I thought I told you to wait in the car. You don't listen."

"I had to use the bathroom." Karen said.

"Sure, you did." I chuckled.

"Gabriela, por que no te quedaste en el auto?" {why didn't you stay in the car} Florencia asked.