IVY!

JAMES POTTER AND LUCY MAYFIELD STARTED OUT AS RIVALS. From the moment they were sorted into Gryffindor and Slytherin respectively, the two were constantly trying to outdo one another in classes, Quidditch (because on top of everything, they had each become a Chaser for their house team in second year), and just about anything they could.

With time, however, they got to know each other, and by seventh year, one might have even dared to call them friends. Their competitive natures still reigned prevalent, but there was something more to it, a certain kindness and care that only friends shared.

THEY HAD NEVER OFFICIALLY BEEN CONSIDERED A COUPLE, but it was clear that there were strong feelings looming about. It was in the way they stole glances at one another during class, and the way they'd sometimes just stand there staring at one another after a gentle conversation, oh so tempted to close the gap. Everyone was sure they'd get together, but as it did with everything else, the First Wizarding War got in the way.

Lucy, who had always dreamed of becoming an Auror, was sent to work in France straight out of Hogwarts whilst simultaneously recruiting foreign wizards for the Order of the Phoenix, as well as helping ensure any of Grindelwald's old followers didn't get tempted by Voldemort's influence. James, meanwhile, stayed behind, working for the Order on the home front. They had meant to stay in touch, they really had, but it became quite a chore, both physically and mentally.

SEVENTEEN LONG YEARS PASSED since their graduation with minimal correspondance. James married Lily Evans and they had a darling baby boy called Harry, and the war ended with Lily's death trying to protect him whilst James was out running a small household errand. James put all of his focus in raising Harry, whilst Lucy put all of her energy into her work, remaining in France and not looking back...that is, until the sudden return of Lord Voldemort.

SHE DOESN'T HESITATE TO RETURN when she hears of what happened at the end of the Triwizard Tournament. She rejoins the Order of the Phoenix, ready to fight in the war that had supposedly ended long ago—and, well, being back in the same country as James Potter was sure to make things interesting.

"you know, you're pretty fit when you're angry"

"really not the time for this, james"

⋆☆.* ✧✰ .✦⋆*☆

clarifications:
Since James survived, Peter was arrested and Sirius remained free. Remus still became a professor in POA, but Peter was the one to escape from Azkaban, hiding in a reporter's bag. Long story short, he was not recaptured that night (but at least Buckbeak was saved!)

Also, as you can see, I have no cast, and that's because while some castings were obvious (aka Ben Barnes and Andrew Garfield), some others were not. I imagine Lucy with long dark brown hair and deep brown eyes, but you are free to imagine the rest yourself. As for James (and Harry), I'm going to write them as POC, but I'll only really be mentioning their darker skin (somewhere in the middle, not dark dark but not incredibly light either), so go ahead and see them as any ethnicity you identify them with!

dedications:
silksabers 1-800-TIDDYPANG codywans -GRIMMIEPLACE -dxngerouswomxn -GE0RGE -skywclkers wiilbvrs ilyasm <3

note:
Hi friends! I've literally been wanting to write this for so so long and here we are finally! It's gonna be fun, I'm really excited, and I hope you all are too! Ilysm <3