ՏᑌᑎՏᕼIᑎᗴ ᗪᗩYՏ - KᗴᗷᑕᕼII

• Unexpected •

"Hima-chan, stay here for a while, okay? Mama will be right back."

Himawari nodded and watched as her mother stepped inside a room. She was sitting on a bench and vaguely thought about the reason why they were in the Hokage's mansion in the first place. Her mama was supposed to be submitting a report or something.

She scanned the area and found it was much too big and had so many rooms. She wondered if one of them was her Papa's office. Without a second thought, she jumped off the bench and walked along the hallways of the building.

Himawari continued to search for her Papa's office until a woman stopped her and asked if she was lost. "I was just looking for the bathroom," she answered and smiled. She politely refused when the woman offered to accompany her.

When she got to the top floor, she noticed a strict-looking old woman behind a counter. Beside it was a single door with a sign that indicated it was the Hokage's office. Her face brightened at the thought of seeing her Papa.

Himawari crouched down and slowly tip-toed her way to the door. She looked over the strict lady and saw her talking on the phone. The little girl saw this as an opportunity to reach for the knob with both hands and turned it. Himawari kept her mouth shut until she closed the door behind her.

When she looked over at the table filled with papers, she brightened at the sight.

"Papa!"

Uzumaki Naruto jolted and his head shot up at the sound of an oh-so familiar voice.

"Hima-chan!" Naruto exclaimed and grinned as he lifted his little girl when she ran up to him.

Himawari wrapped her little arms around his neck and giggled.

"How did you get here? Where's Mama?" He turned and glanced at the closed door. "How were you able to get past on the mighty dragon guarding the door?"

Himawari grinned. "I was being a ninja!"

Naruto smiled and nuzzled his nose against his daughter's. "Were you now?"

She nodded her head. "Were you surprised, Papa?"

"Totally!" He settled Himawari on his lap comfortably. "What about Mama?"

As if on cue, his door slammed open and revealed his worried-looking wife and a displeased mighty dragon.

"I told you, Uzumaki-dono, your daughter - "

"Himawari-chan!" Hinata exclaimed and ran to where her daughter -and apparently her husband- was.

"Hinata-chan," Naruto grinned sheepishly, feeling a little apologetic for worrying his wife like that.

With a relieved sigh, Hinata cupped Himawari's face with both hands and bent down to kiss her forehead. Naruto, on the other hand, nodded at the old woman frowning at the door gesturing her permission to leave.

"I'm sorry, Mama."

Could she even resist her little girl's pout? No. "It's okay, baby," she gently said. She smiled apologetically at her husband. "I'm sorry for barging in like that, Naruto-kun."

"It's fine," Naruto said as he held her hand and gently tugged at it, bringing her down. He kissed her and smiled, "I realized I need this kind of thing every once in a while."

Blushing, Hinata smiled back and nodded.

"Papa! Let's go out!" Himawari suddenly blurted out and Hinata was fast to tell her they shouldn't bother Papa while in work.

"Is Boruto still in the Academy?" Naruto asked.

Confused, Hinata nodded. "Yes but classes will be over soon and I was planning to pick him up after my business here."

Himawari looked up when her father flashed a grin at her. "Let's go pick your big brother up and go out afterwards. What do you think?"

With a small gasp, Himawari's smile widened and she nodded excitedly.

When Hinawari jumped off of Naruto's lap and took interest on some stack of papers in a corner, Hinata asked, "Is this really fine, Naruto-kun?"

She stayed silent as Naruto took her hand and held it against his cheek. His cerulean eyes met hers as he spoke.

"Hinata, I won't be neglecting my own family just because I'm the Hokage."

Hinata's eyes softened. "Thank you, Naruto-kun."