five: bodies minus one

The four teenagers sat still, stunned, in what seemed like an eternity of quiet. Denise's eyes were puffy and red, and she held her breath before exhaling a large sigh. Worries that were problems. Problems that were deadly, and the only way to solve them was to commit an unforgivable crime. She tried to search her head for better answers, better ways to put a permanent stop to her impending defeat. Forget winning if she cannot guarantee that she will lose in the end anyway.

Giving up did not seem like Yzabel's idea of Miss Perfect President. Was she even familiar with her? In the corridors, the cold-hearted girl would walk past her.

Yzabel broke the silence by saying, "I'll help you." The president was perplexed as to why the girl, who despises everything and everyone, would be willing to assist her. She despised everything and everyone, but not to the point of murdering them, right?

"What?! Do you realize that you're insane for even offering to help her?"

Denise stayed still, her brows twitching as she listened to the other girl's reply.

"I've had a change of heart about you, President. You have a lot to live for." A change of heart or a desire to murder someone. Denise pondered. Who knows what's going on in the girl's head? Yzabel was a person who harbored secrets, desires, and everything evil, despite her charming demeanor. She has a persona that pushes people away as well.

But the fact that Yzabel didn't seem to give a damn about her before but was now interested in her case was particularly odd. In order to rescue herself, she would leave someone else to die.

"You have some sort of goal in mind. What are your plans, Yzabel?"

"What do you mean? I want to help her. Even for me, this terrifying game is too much. I think it's better if we stick together."

They try to accept her reply, but her reason was still unclear.

The bell has abruptly rung, signaling the start of the following period. They end the conversation and put off making a decision for the time being. Denise was now in charge of everything. It was her own game. Is she going to win or lose?

------------------

Jao was apprehensive as he held the phone in his hands.

He moved over to the faucets' counter and dipped his head. He had always despised school, with its chaotic mob of young adolescents posing as the pleasant and flawless students they were expected to be. It was a place that aided his proclivity for breaking the rules.

Then he noticed something, or rather someone, in the reflection.

Jao took a deep breath and swallowed. He caught a glimpse of himself in the mirror. He was a purple-haired, outgoing, and rebellious teen. His parents perceived him as a once-pure fallen angel who had been defiled. His former friends thought he was an outcast. Someone who thought differently than they did. He was bold, and he was game for anything. He tried shoplifting once and wrecked an expensive car.

Even a daring individual like Jao, who had previously stolen candy bars from a convenience shop and wrecked cars, would not be prepared for what Anon had planned for him today. He could see the rough shine in his eye as he got closer to his reflection. He moved his gaze to his hand, which was searching through his pocket in search of something.

"Looking for something, kid?"

Jao remained motionless, withdrawing the item from his pocket and neatly laying it on the counter. His hands, as well as the dry sweat on his brow, were both frigid. He attempted to disobey Anon by breaking his rules and regulations.