Shopping Nightmares

"For the last time Shannon I have no clue as to why he would ask me! All I know is that he seemed to be serious and he gave me money and told me to be ready by morning. Okay here it is." I said coming out of the changing room for what felt the hundredth time in the last hour. I had on a black dress that shimered and came down to my knees. If I was the type to wear dresses I may actually like it but it wasnt me. Shannon though seemed to have a different oppinion.

"Okay so thats three dresses and two pairs of shoes. You can borrow some of my shirts if you want. Is there anything else you want or need?" Shannon asked while picking up a dress she found for herself that could be worn to school dances. 

"Yes I dont have anything to pack this stuff in. I should probably get some kind of bag because I also dont have anything to carry to your house when I come over." I said looking at the prices of the dresses which actually werent that bad. We went looking at duffle bags because they seemed to be the cheapest and I didnt have much to carry to begin with. 

When we got to the check out counter Shannon threw some snack foods on the belt while grinning at me. "Your coming to my house and we can pack your stuff there."

"Sounds good that would also mean I wouldnt have to explain why I live in the Smiths house. Although how am I supposed to let Jimi know where to pick me up?" I started to get a headache from all of this. Why did I tell Jimi I would go in the first place; I mean everything in me was screaming that this was some kind of set up for a joke or something. Although he did give me money and someone like Jimi wouldnt give money out if it was just a joke. Well at least not that much money. 

"Here we go." Shannon spoke as we picked up our  bags and started walking back to the bus stop. 

Once we got back to her house she showed me how to fold the dresses so they wouldnt be too wrinkled when I went to put them on. She also told me to look through her closest and find some decent tops for just everyday wear. She told me to wear the dresses to any kind of outting, like dinner, that might be fancy and not to be scared to ask if a dress would be appropriate. 

By the time we were done all the snack food had been eaten and we were both passed out on the bed. Waking up when we heard a knock on the bedroom door we heard Shannons mom tell us that Jimi and his dad would be here in an hour. 

Shannon had helped me get ready in no time and I had to admit I looked nice. Wearing a nice pair of jeans and a flowered top of Shannons and she had curled my hair more than it usually was and put a small amount of makeup on me. The make up was mainly to cover the slightly noticable dark bags under my eyes from sleep evading me. She slipped it in my bag and told me to use it whenever I thought I needed it but not to go over board with it. 

Walking out the door with my bag by myside Jimi's dad got out and opened the car door for me after shaking my hand and introducing himself. 

"I'm Jana, sir." I spoke. 

"I'm Alex, Jimi's father. I'm glad your coming along for the weekend. Just by the few minutes I've known you your already a better alternative to his normal friends. Hop on in. " he said then closed my door before nodding in the direction of Mrs. Kelly and getting in himself. Before we drove off I rolled down the window and gave Shannon a look of pure fear and she of course ended up laughing at me and shaking her head. 

Looking down to make sure I still had my phone I sighed and looked at Jimi who was sitting next to me. 
"So ready for this weekend Jimi." i smiled and he just shook his head.