| Chapter Thirteen |

| Wicked |

| You're a Monster |

"Okay. When I was younger, we all liked tug of war. It's a game I know well. Back then, I would always win. Even if there was a wrestler on the other team and it seemed like the odds were stacked against us. Listen carefully, and I'll tell you how my team and I were able to win even when it seemed impossible."

As the elderly man told the team his story, or his plan, they took in every word. They had no choice but to go with this plan, seeing as it was the only one anyone had.
Besides, this plan was a good plan.

The elevator doors opened, revealing their platform. Hana squeezed Sae Byeok's hand one more time, the two sharing reassuring smiles before walking out of the elevator and towards their third game.

The team stood on either side of the rope as their hands were shackled to it. They stood, the rope firmly in their hands as they looked at their competition.

"Spit on the ground and rub your toes in it. It'll give us more traction." Hana spoke up from in front of Sae. The team took a second to think before Sang Woo spoke up.
"Good idea." He did as Hana said and everyone followed suit.

They stood with their feet apart and the rope underneath their armpits.
The gun rose in the air and was fired.

The team immediately continued the plan by leaning back as far as they possibly could and holding their place.
Hana's breathing uneven as she held on with all of her strength.

"Nows our chance!" Gi Hun shouted and the team started pulling and pulling and pulling and pulling.

The red flag started coming towards them. But it started going back towards the opposing team.
"We're losing goddam-nit! Do something!" 212 screamed.
"Pull yourselves together and listen up! Let's try something. Take three steps up when I signal!" Sang Woo shouted.
"Up? What that's the edge!"
"Just trust me! They'll fall!"

"No way! I can't do that!" She shouted.
"You don't have a choice bitch!" Hana shouted, feeling the rope start to burn her hands.

"On the count of three! One, two, three!"

They all took three steps forward and the other team fell to the ground. Gi Hun dangled with one foot off of the edge before Hana shouted. "Pull!"
The team immediately started pulling and pulling again, the red flag coming back to them and soon, the other team fell off of their landing and began dangling.

It seemed like it wasn't over as the rope started pulling them towards the edge, the weight of the fallen players dragging them across the ground. They tried to grab on and hold their place as they were scooted forwards. Finally, the blade came down, cutting them loose from the other team.

They all fell back, breathing heavily and sweating. Hana rolled her head to rest it against Sae Byeok's thigh, both finding comfort in their small touch.
Another game won.

|

In the elevator, Hana sat beside Sae Byeok's legs, looking at her rope burnt hands and trying to ignore the man's praying.

"Hey dude, who do you think you're praying to, huh?" 240 asked.
"To God? You think you made it out of there because of God, don't you? The reason you're still breathing and thanking that nice God of yours...is that old man and that guy over there who came up with that awesome last minute trick. Not to mention the girl's idea to spit on the ground. If there's anyone you should be thanking, it's them. Not God."