| Chapter Twelve |

Start from the beginning

|

Gi Hun counted the players in the circle and only had nine. "Who didn't bring someone?" He asked.
"It was me." The old man admitted.

"What about you? Who brought you here?" Sang Woo asked 240.
She nodded her head towards Hana and Sae Byeok. "Them."

"I said only bring men back here, didn't I?" He asked.
"Come on." Hana chuckled. "I'm sure you're used to women ignoring you by now."

"This doesn't sound good. Want me to go?" 240 asked. "I'll go now." She started to get up.

"No, wait, hold on." Gi Hun stopped her. "It's okay, stay here. We don't even know what we're doing yet and the times almost over. At this point, let's just find another teammate and be done."

"We put together a weak team. No one will want to join. That means that once the timers done, we'll end up with someone somebody kicked out." Sang Woo sighed.

"A team is as strong as their weakest member." Hana snapped. "Fear is weakness...are you scared, Sang Woo?" She smirked.
He looked at Hana with a disapproving look before looking to the ground.
Why isn't he arguing back?

"Well nobody kicked me out!" Hana groaned as she recognized that annoying voice. 212. "I'll play with you as a special deal, okay?"
She shoved 240 to the side and into Hana so they had to make room for her.
"Man you guys lucked out today. Yikes. I'll be way more help than any of these wimpy little girls. Plus, I'm good at everything except the things I can't do."

Damn she's loud.

Hana and Sae Byeok shared a look before Hana turned her gaze back to Sang Woo, who was already looking at her.

The timer beeped.
"The time for forming your teams is over. All players, please line up with your teams at the entrance of the game hall."

"Hold on." Gi Hun spoke. "We're not playing in here?"

Sae Byeok stood and offered Hana her hand, which she gladly took and held tighter as they formed a line with their team.

|

The big yellow doors slid open and the teams walked forward, taking in the room before them.
They saw two large landings way above their heads and a rope dangling between them.

"I would like to welcome you all to third game. Today's game is tug of war."
Hana smiled, she was always a champion at this game.
"In order to win, you must pull the rope towards your platform in an attempt to drop your opponents down below. Now, I will draw number to decide which two teams will play first. Everyone, please sit down."

Hana turned around to look at Sae, who had a look on her face. A look of uncertainty. Hana grabbed her hand and sat down. "We'll be fine. I've got a good feeling." She winked. Sae Byeok's throat was too dry for her to speak so she just nodded.

"I will now draw the first team."
The man with a circle on his mask reached into a box and pulled out a ball with the number one.
"Team one. Please stand up."
This was Deukso's team.

"And now, the team that will play on the left side." The other man drew a ball.
"Team seven, please stand up."

Hana's eyes took in the faces of every player on team seven, knowing their time was almost up.
The looks their faces held told Hana that they knew this, too.
The men and women looked terrified.

Sae Byeok squeezed Hana's hand a little tighter. She must've noticed too.
"Teams one and seven will be the first teams to play. Will both teams please go to your towers."

A masked man led the groups up the elevators and to their landings, way above the ground below them.

The gun fired and the teams began grunting and pulling. The flag stayed in the middle but was soon pulled towards Deukso's team. The other team fell to the ground before being pulled off of their landing, leaving them dangling in the air.
A large blade slammed down on the rope and the dangling team screamed as they all fell to the ground, leaving silence in their place.

Hana let out a shaky breathe and closed her eyes, silently sending up a prayer, which she had never done before.

"The following players, player 245, player 120, player 37, player 408, player 27, player 273, player 58, player 243, players 327, and player 241 are eliminated."

"I will now draw the teams for the next round. Team four." The masked man in front of them spoke.

Hana let out a breathe she didn't know she was holding as she stood up, Sae Byeok almost breaking her hand from the tight grip.
"Team five."

The team beside them stood up and eyed the team next to them, looking at their competition. Team five was all men and all much taller than Hana.
But she still felt confident.

"Team four and team five, please go to your towers."

Sang Woo led the group to the elevator on the right.
"Oh man, I was looking forward to killing you guys." Deukso chuckled as he walked by.

"Do me a favor and make me a sandwich when you get back to the room. I'll be starving when I'm done here." Hana spat at the bastard who only responded with a glare.

Once in the elevator, they all stood stiff as the doors closed behind them.
"Come on, don't lose your spirit. Tug of war needs more than just raw strength." Player 001 spoke.

"Well then, what's it about, huh? We just go out there and speak to them?" Player 195 asked sarcastically.
"All you need is a good strategy in tug of war. And combined with good teamwork, you'll be able to win when you're against a stronger team." The old man added.

"Only one thing can help us now. It's the lord himself, I know it." The other new member to the group says.
Hana felt a pulling in her chest.
"You can barely stay standing, old man. So shut up and keep your strength old man!"

"Do you have a plan?" Hana asked. "No? Then shut the fuck up!" Her voice rang through the elevator bringing in silence. "Keep talking, sir." Her voice much softer now.

"Okay." Player 001 started. "When I was younger, we all liked tug of war. It's a game I know well. Back then, I would always win. Even if there was a wrestler on the other team and it seemed like the odds were stacked against us. Listen carefully, and I'll tell you how my team and I were able to win even when it seemed impossible."

|

Sorry for the late update! I've been hella distracted with school and work :(