━━ 𝐊𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐀 + 𝐘𝐌𝐈𝐑

Start from the beginning

Maybe Eren would, his natural instinct to help people was rather strong, but his determination to be a soldier would sometimes outweigh that instinct.

Now as the time passed, dinner was ready to be served and Ymir and Krista were no where to be found. M/n didn't pay it any mind, but there were more than a dozen people worried about the camp ground's "Goddess."

He just ate his food without second thought, semi-listening to Eren and Armin converse about the two missing girls and voluntary training course.

"I was surprised Krista wanted to do it, she seems too frail," Eren breathed out, biting into a piece of bread after speaking his opinion.

"Well, anyone would want to end up in the top 10," Armin reasoned, although the slight nod he gave Eren showed that he agreed with his original statement, "I'm surprised no one had helped her when they saw her, though,"

"Who said it was anyone else's responsibility, though?" M/n spoke up, rolling his eyes at the offended look in their eyes, "See, you guys say that anyone would want to end up in the top 10, but then look at me like that when I say something that falls under that,"

Mikasa raised her hand to slap the back of his head in a ways of disciplining him, but he caught her hand before she could strike.

"We all know the terrain of that mountain, it was up to us to also decide if we were truly capable of completing it or not," M/n said, a bored look in his eyes, "you can't expect other people to help the weak all the time,"

"Hey, M/n, even for you that's a bit much, isn't it?" Reiner said, now joining the conversation as he slammed his hand down on their table, "how could you leave Krista out there like that?"

Just like Ymir, Reiner was a bit too intense for M/n's liking.

There was no use in amusing that idiotic question anymore, M/n decided. He stood up, grabbing the spare bread roll off of his tray and glaring at Reiner before leaving the table.

Talk about a dinner ruined.

"Hey, I'm talking to you!" Reiner shouted, clamping his heavy hand down on M/n's shoulder, making the shorter of the two to stop in his tracks, "You left a defenseless girl out there! Don't you feel ashamed?!"

"And what about all the other people that were after me? I don't see them getting shit on about this," M/n calmly responded, turning around to swat Reiner's hand off of his shoulder, "and don't tell me you guys didn't see her on the path to the finishing line because I know she fell right on paved dirt on the main path,"

Reiner faltered for a moment, his shoulders stiffening as if he were caught in a lie.

"I was one of the firsts that finished," M/n said, "there were a good amount of you in this room right now that ignored Krista's collapse as well, I don't know why I'm the one getting fucked over when all of you did the same thing as me,"

Heavy and tense silence fell over the room as looks of guilt crossed the faces of many cadets.

M/n took that as his sign to leave.

And the dining hall remained silent for the entire night as they took in M/n's words.

Meanwhile, M/n was making his way through the training grounds, munching on his dry roll of bread with a neutral look on his face. And his expression didn't change, not even for a second when he saw Ymir's dirtied appearance and Krista's limp body enter his line of vision.

He didn't make any comments, looking down at the brunette as she stopped her journey right in front of him.

"She's not injured, thankfully," Ymir breathed, holding tight onto Krista's arm that was limply hanging from her shoulders.