Domestic First Day

Start from the beginning

Jade was caught with her mouth open, clearly about to do what Tori expected, and shrugged instead, "It would save on our water bill, but whatever you say...roommate~"

Tori groaned to herself, both at Jade's substitute quip and at how hard it was proving for them to keep the promise to her parents.

With Jade taking her turn in the shower, Tori sat on one of the lounge chairs, scrolling through the latest updates of their group chat. Before going to bed last night, she shared a selfie taken with Jade captioned: "Tori + Jade: Postgrad Partners making it in Miami!"

The post was met with hearts, thumbs-up, smiling emojis from their friends, followed by their comments and well-wishes.

CAT: YAAAAAYYYY! So happy for you both! :3 :3 :3

ANDRE: Congrats! Make it shine, you two! ;D

ROBBIE: Love the photo, love the caption even more! xD

BECK: Good luck to you both! Don't forget us when you're famous! :)

JADE: Way to turn our relationship into a sitcom, dork. (-_-)

TORI: Love U 2, Jade. :{D

Smiling contently, Tori stowed her phone into her purse and took out her key ring. She took a long look at the newest addition to that ring, the key to the Honda HR-V sitting outside their apartment. With a deep breath, Tori silently prayed her first time driving it without her parents would go smoothly, to which a sudden voice cut into her thoughts.

"We going, or are you still playing with the shiny keys like Cat?" Jade slung her messenger bag over her shoulder and smiled. With a silent smile back, Tori nodded and started toward the door, keys and purse in hand.

The two took their first steps outside, the Miami morning sun shining over them and the small parking lot. As Tori locked the front door, Jade put on her sunglasses while looking for their ride. She quickly spotted the red SUV they left the airport in and looked to Tori to unlock it. Not missing a beat, Tori clicked the key fob, the car unlocked with a quick chirp, and they climbed into the front seats together. Jade hesitated for a moment before realizing she was climbing into the passenger's seat and Tori was in the driver's seat.

"Did I miss something or did Sweet Sally Peaches finally get her driver's license?" Jade shut her door with a sly smirk toward Tori.

Tori flashed a quick, yet reluctant smile in reply, "Well, graduation and a job offer in Miami are big motivators to start growing past old fears; like accidentally bumping into geriatric pedestrians who I totally didn't see and I checked dozens of—" Her answer would have quickly descended into a rant if her mouth wasn't suddenly cut off by Jade's in a kiss.

As the kiss ended as quickly as it came, Jade smiled sincerely and gave her cheek a playful pat, "Congrats, Tori. Now buckle up, and try not to get us killed, okay?" Tori could only smile back, pull her seatbelt on, and turn the ignition.

15 minutes and a surprisingly smooth ride later, Tori and Jade arrived at a bustling shopping mall. After collecting their things and locking the car, Jade took a quick glance at all the student-age teens chatting and taking selfies of their numerous shopping bags, making her silently cringe in disgust. Tori noticed her cringe with a chuckle and prodded her shoulder, "Hey, a few months ago, we were just like that. Heck, we probably still are."

Jade shook her head and answered, "Whatever. Let's just get going before this lot crowds up any more." Grabbing her girlfriend's hand, she started briskly walked toward the department store next to the mall.