Chapter 96 - Leviathan

Start from the beginning

The shadow woman offers Kara a sad look.

"Unfortunately, that is not how my powers work. I can teleport where a shadow already exists, and I need to have seen the area before I have. But also, the more I teleport, the easier it will be for Leviathan to track me." The shadow woman explains, "When we escaped from Lex Luthor, we only teleported about a mile east of where he was holding you, a short distance, and less easy to detect. But if I teleport you over a greater distance, or multiple short distances, Leviathan will easily find us, and you do not have your powers to fight for yourself."

Kara stares at the shadow woman for a moment, before then nodding her head, understanding.

"Okay... So, what now?" Kara asks.

"For now, you need to rest, and recharge. Hopefully soon enough of your powers will have returned so you can travel back to National City, without me." The shadow woman says, "I will then travel to Leviathan, to take my punishment."

Kara nods her head, realising she doesn't really have much of a choice right now.

"Okay." Kara says.

"Good. Now rest. You will need to regain as much of your strength as possible." The shadow woman says.

Kara nods her head again, and then closes her eyes, falling to sleep.

***************************

Alura and Lena are now back at home, having gone out to buy some paint to fix Alura's door frame. Lena has mixed the paint and laid down a mat on the ground, so paint doesn't drip and stain the carpet. After that Lena then taped over the edges of the door frame, to make sure paint doesn't get on the walls.

"Momma, I'll do it." Alura says, as Lena dips the paint brush into the paint.

Lena looks at Alura for a moment, questioning if allowing her daughter to do the painting is a good idea after all. However, Lena realises that the worse that can happen is Alura gets paint everywhere, and while that wouldn't be ideal, it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

"Okay. Just be careful though." Lena says, as she hands the paint brush to Alura.

"Do I paint here?" Alura asks, as she hovers the brush over the chipped paint on the doorframe.

"We are going to have to paint the entire doorframe Alura." Lena says.

"Why?" Alura asks, confused.

"Because if we just paint the one spot it will be very noticeable, because paint looks different depending on when it has been applied." Lena explains.

"Oh... okay." Alura says, and then nods her head.

Alura begins painting the door frame, with Lena carefully watching her. After a few moments Lena decides to grab her own brush to help, to make this go as quickly as possible. Eventually, about 10 minutes later, Lena and Alura finish.

"There we go, I think we are done." Lena says.

"Yes." Alura replies, nodding her head.

"Okay, now let me take your paint brush, and I'll go put them away." Lena says.

"Okay, momma." Alura says, and then quickly hands Lena the paintbrush; too quickly. This has led to Alura accidentally flinging white paint dots onto Lena's face.

"Ohhfff." Lena says, feeling the paint on her face.

Alura now looks at Lena, wide-eyed, and nervously.

"Sorry, momma." Alura says, sheepishly.

"It's okay..." Lena replies, "It just means... I have to do this."