Shit.

101 was mad. Like really mad.

„You bitch" he hissed

The man grabbed Hayoon, by her neck and hold her tightly, making the girl lose access to the air. She was angry that others players just watched this, without any reaction. Of course, she got into this situation, by herself, but still someone could help. They all literally watched two young girls got beaten up and no one cared.

Hayoon was punching big hand on her neck, but nothing happened. 101 laughed at her.

"Pathetic"

A loud sound of the door opening, let them know that they were no longer alone. 101 release the girl which fell on the ground with a bang, coughing loudly. Her throat was very much sore.

When she finally stood up, she saw another people. They were wearing pink overllas and on their faces black masks with triangles on them. Only one had a square.

After a long silence, the square spoke:

"I would like to extend a heartfelt welcome to you all" he greeted them, "Everyone here will participate in six different games over six days. Those who will all six games will receive a handsome cash prize"

One of the players put his hand up and talked without waiting for constant "And why should we believe that? You took all our stuff and put us to sleep coming here and then brought us to this strange warehouse. Now you're saying that you will pay us if we go and play a few games. You really want us to believe you?"

He got a point. Hoyoon put her hand in the pockets. They were empty. She didn't even notice that her things were gone.

"We reluctantly took all of those measures to maintain confidentiality as we brought you here" said the square, "We'll return everything once the games are over"

"You all have masks" this time woman, the 234 number, spoke up, "Why do you wear these?"

„We do not disclose the faces and personal information of our staff to any of the participants. It's a measure we take to ensure fair games and confidentiality. Please understand"

„Well, I don't believe you. Got that?" the man that spoken had a number 218 on his back.
He wasn't that far away from Hayoon, so she could see him very clearly. He had rectangular glasses on his nose. Not only that, but he was quite handsome "You tricked us. We were kidnapped. You can make any excuses, as you want to make sure that nobody knows you broke the law in here. If you're going to make up for that, then we're gonna need something more"

  Everyone in the room was waiting nervously for square to speak.

"Player 218. Cho Sangwoo"

Cho Sangwoo looked at pink soldier with terrified face. The man with a mask, took out the small controller and with a beep he turned on the big screen on the wall which show 218 playing ddakji. Well, mostly, they saw him getting slapped.

"Age, 46 years" continued the soldier "Former team leader of Team at Joy Investments. Siphoned money off from his clients balances, then invested it in derivatives and futures options and failed. Current loss, 650 million won"

And Hayoon thought she got a big debt. Her eyes met with Sangwoo's eyes. The embarrassed man looked down, avoiding her look.

   218 disappeared from the screen. In next minutes they were shown another players with their personal information. Hayoon was scared that soon she would see her too. But it didn't happen.

"Every person standing here in this room is living on the brink of financial ruin. You all have debts that you can't pay off" said pink soldier "When we first went to see each of you, not a single one of you trusted us. But as you all know, we played a game, and as we promised, gave you the money when you won. In this moment you trusted us. You called and volunteered to participate in this game of your own free will. I'll give you a last chance to choose. Would you rather go back to your depressing lives, or will you act and seize this last opportunity we're offering here?"

  No one objected. Hayoon knew, that she can't be the only coward in here just by looking at the peoples faces.

"What games are we gonna play?" asked someone in the crowd

"In order to play fair, we cannot disclose any information about the game ahead of time" explained square

Well that's weird. 

"If we win, how much do we get?"

The soldier didn't answer, he just clicked another button on the controller.

The ceiling kind of open, and from there appeared a giant, shining pig. Well it looked like a piggy bank. But it was empty.

"Your prize money will be accumulated in there after every game" explained the square, "We'll disclose the amount to everyone after the first game is over. If you do not wish to participate, then please let us know at this time"

Hayoon looked around. No one put his hand up. So guess that means that everyone playing.

"Great. Please stand up in four rows"

Hayoon follow others people that started placing in front tables that soldiers bring to hall. She stood up behind the girl with a number 284 on her back. Every person had to sign the piece of paper that she didn't seen yet.

Finally it was her turn. She took the pencil as she read the rules of contract.

CLAUSE 1: A PLAYER IS NOT ALLOWED TO STOP PLAYING

CLAUSE 2: A PLAYER WHO REFUSES TO PLAY WILL BE ELIMINATED

CLAUSE 3: GAMES MAY BE TERMINATED IF THE MAJORITY AGREES

Hayoon frowned her eyebrows. She looked at pink soldier.

"That's it? Only three rules?" the man didn't answer her "That's suspicious"

She bit her lip, thinking about signing the paper. These rules were weird.

"Hey! 164 in the front, you are stopping the line!" she heard someone in the back

Well, you only die once, right? With this thought, Hayoon signed the paper. She walked away from the table.

As she was walking back to her bed, she saw this girl, the 067 number. She ran up to her, unsure what she wanted to say.

"Hey!" 067 stopped and turned to her with straight face, "You could thank me"

"I didn't ask you for help" she scoffed

"Yeah, but I still did it, right? If not me, you would probably be laying dead on the floor. This man was really mad at you. What did you do to him?"

"None of your business" 067 turned back from her. She started to walking away, but for one second she looked at Hayoon "Thank you"

She said it very quiet, but 164 heard her, so she smiled to herself. Hayoon watched number 067 walking away from her.

"Attention all the players" this time, it was woman's voice "The first game is about to begin. Please follow the staff's instructions. Please make your way towards the game hall"

Time to play.