CHAPTER SIX - THE TWINS

CHASED — IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE

-

-

jupiter sat in the back of the ambulance, putting on a headlight carter gave them.

"i can't believe you're wearing that," deena tells them, tossing hers to the side.

"i can't believe you're above wearing it when we're in the middle of the woods with a bunch of dead maniacs after us!" carter retorts, grabbing jupiter's hand and taking them with her to sarah fier's grave.

jupiter was feeling uneasy. no matter how many snarky remarks she threw, she couldn't shrug off the anxiety in the back of her head. the idea of being chased by three murders was scaring the shit out of her.

"okay, so we fell out, here," sam says, her and felix getting on their hands and knees.

"i was crawling, my nose was bleeding, and — i feel something," felix gasps, his hand going down a hole.

after a few seconds of felix rummaging in the hole, he pulls out some chains.

"chains?" kate asks, her, simon, and carter kneeling down next to felix and sam.

"oh, that's not just chains," carter looks down, pulling up a skull.

"oh god," jupiter mutters, looking at it in disgust. she felt bile rise in her throat and it took so much will power not to let it spill.

josh walks over to the huddle, and starts to feel around, pulling up a lock with the name 'sarah fier' carved into it.

"it's her. it's her grave."

"oh, no, no, no, no, this is bad," deena tells them, trying to get them up. simon obeyed, running back, hiding behind jupiter.

"shit. no wonder she's after us, we disturbed her grave," felix curses, grabbing his sister and pulling her up.

"and now she's sending her henchmen after us," jupiter finishes, looking at felix and sam with worry.

"henchmen? as in all those sickos are coming after us?" kate asks, her voice high pitched and laced with fear.

it was silent for a minute after, as josh didn't know what to say. until we heard a sound of a twig breaking, looking to the woods cautiously.

"did you hear that?" josh asks rhetorically, getting up and walking towards the woods.

"josh, that's not a good idea!" carter shouts to the boy, following him.

jupiter and felix turn their heads when they heard another twig snap, except this time it was louder.

"we need to un-disturb it," simon informs everyone about the plan.

"okay, whatever. let's just do it quickly so we can go," jupiter hesitantly agrees, kneeling down with felix.

"guys i think there's something in the woods," josh alerts, but everyone ignored him, dead set on putting sarah back to rest.

jupiter turned around, catching eye of a man holding an axe. they felt paralyzed until felix yanked them away from the car, right before he slashed the car window that was right behind them.

running back to the ambulance, felix practically tossed jupiter into the vehicle as kate began to drive away.

"here's an idea, how about we drive to new mexico?" carter pants, holding a shaking sam in her arms.

"that was the camp nightwing killer!" josh pants.

"still hot," simon shrugs as his friends look at him oddly.

"that was a bust," kate says, taking worried glances at her friends.

"maybe because it's not like the movies okay? maybe it's not as easy as putting bones to rest," deena says, giving carter a towel for sam and felix.

"it should've worked. it always works!" jupiter protests, their voce laced with aggravation and fright.

"who gives a shit? it doesn't matter. how do i not die?" kate yells.

"how do we all not die," simon corrects, yelling back at her. "i'm looking at you witch nerd," he points at josh.

"i-i don't know," josh tells us with sincerity.

"they're not coming for all of us," sam butts in.

"they're coming for me and sam," felix finishes, turning to his friends.

"what?" jupiter and carter ask in unison.

"i saw her again, the witch. we disturbed the grave. she wants me and felix."

"yeah, yeah! the nightwing killer ran right past me and darted for felix. i mean, he almost hit jupiter, but that's because they were right next to him," josh rambles.

"guys, no! ruby attacked simon! skull mask came after us at home, and while you were babysitting!" carter protests, trying to avoid the truth.

kate suddenly stops the ambulance, hopping in the back. she unzipped simon's jacket, and points at him, "skull mask didn't care about us. he wanted this, sam's blood."

"yeah! f-from the crash, when sam puked period. it's jaws, dude! a shark smelling blood—"

jupiter felt herself zoning out. so, what, her crush comes back after a year and she has to kill him?

and carter was thinking the same thing. is the only answer, killing sam?

"felix and sam bled on the bones, and now the witch wants more blood," simon finishes.

"o-okay, well what do they do in jaws?" felix asks as his sister nods in agreement.

"they use bait!" josh butts in again, pointing at the twins.

"sam's not bait!" carter protests.

"neither is felix!" jupiter agrees, feeling the boy tug them over.

"yes, they are! seriously, if we're right, and they're after them. lets give those assholes what they want."