CHAPTER TWO - POSSESSED

CHASED — IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE

-

-

"DEENA, WAIT!" carter called after her sister, watching as they threw the box on the ground and slid down the concrete wall.

"deena, are you sure you're over her?" carter asks, rubbing her sister's back soothingly. deena nods, sliding her hands down her face.

"i- of course i am. it's just, it hurts? i mean, seeing her with a guy. nit that she can't realize she's not a lesbian anymore or anything, but, uh, yeah.." deena trails off, fiddling with her hands as she spoke, a natural anxious habit she'd picked up in kindergarten.

"it's okay to hurt," they hear a sudden different voice, looking to the culprit to be met with the girl of the hour.

"sam," deena breathes out, looking at the cheerleader with a mix of disbelief and anger. disbelief she'd cared enough to come check on them, angry that she thought they'd let her check on them.

"i should leave," carter mumbles awkwardly, making eye contact with the blonde as she walked away. she looked around as she made her way back to the field.

"carter!" she hears, looking up to see her other best friend approaching her quickly, looking out of breath as-well.

"felix."

"do you know here my sister went?"

"to talk to mine, it's better to leave them alone," carter instructs, grabbing felix's arm and dragging him back with her to the field.

"long time no see, huh, sinclair?" felix jokes, smirking as he did so. carter's thoughts were arguing right now. give into his jokes and laugh along, or continue to be mad about him finally escaping his abuser.

she laughed slightly, looking to felix with a saddened smile.

"oh, come here, i'm so sorry that happened to you.." felix comforts, letting carter collapse into him. he couldn't imagine watching his friend get murdered in front of him and all he could do was watch. or run for his life. that'd be like seeing simon, or kate, carter, jupiter, any of his friends, especially his sister.

"i just wish she were still here," carter sobs into his chest. self-blame.

"hey, what's going on?" jupiter asks angrily, stomping towards the two, ice pack held to their lip.

"you made her cry, dipshit?"

"what? no!" felix shrieks, holding his hands up in defense. jupiter looked to carter as she laughed and wiped her eyes.

"no, he didn't," carter clears, looking to jupiter who nods, grabbing carter's arm and taking her towards the bus.

"hurry fraser, might miss your bus!" jupiter calls back to the boy.

carter and deena laid on the seats across each other, making funny looks as they laughed at the way each other's faces looked upside down.

"carter," deena whispers, something through the glass of the exit door next to her catching her eye. carter watches as her sister slowly and cautiously approaches the door, glaring at the image in front of her.

"oh fuck no. who the hell is that?" carter sneers, watching a red car speed towards the back of the bus, the engine roaring so loud that you could hear it in the bus.

"ju, kate, simon!" carter calls the others over, ignoring the chants the jock's were letting out of kate and jupiter's names.

"what?" simon's voice dies down when he makes eye contact with the car, squinting and scowling at the sight before him.

"is that.."

"fucking fraser's! i told you!" jupiter shouts angrily, yanking at their hair.

carter falls back, sitting down now. this is why she wasn't vulnerable to anyone, spare her siblings, anymore.

all of a sudden a loud nag was heard, bubbles cascading down  the door, a soda can falling to the road and passing in a blur at the bus's speed.

"insane assholes!" carter yells angrily, punching at the door in response, an idea dawning on her, "open the door."

kate looks at her friend confusedly, yet complies, flicking the hatch up and throwing the door open.

"jupiter, help me here," carter instructs, the two grabbing each ends of the cooler, swinging it back and forth.

"deena are you okay?" kate's voice fills carter's ears, and with worry, carter drops the cooler, leaving all the heavy weight on jupiter who swung it just at the wrong moment, the weight causing their grip to slip, the cooler hitting the car harshly, the vehicle swerving into the woods.

"oh my god!" carter gasps, just as deena screams at the driver to stop the bus.

the five shadysider's quickly and worriedly made their way to the area where the car crashed. carter and jupiter ran as fast as their feet could take them, making it just before their three other friends. just as they arrive, they see sam climb out the car, head bloody. next, her brother, falling out the car and coughing violently, a bit of blood escaping his lips.

"sam!" carter shrieks, making her way to the blonde, cradling her face worriedly.

"stay away from her, you damn lesbian!" peter barks at carter, the girl ignoring him, watching sam touch her nose bleed, wiping it on the moss below her.

"dude, you good?" jupiter asks felix worriedly, brushing his hair from his face. he just nods in return, it's all he could do, he was still coughing too much to get a word out. he lifted a hand, touching the blood on his nose and wiping the liquid on the moss beneath him.

"u-uh," jupiter stutters, feeling uneasy at the situation. she heard rustling of leaves behind her, the other three revealing themselves from behind the trees.

"jupiter," felix gasps, grabbing their arm as they looked back at him quickly,

"what, what? oh my god, what?" jupiter asked, jumping at his sudden touch.

"did you see that?" felix and sam ask the people in front of them in unison, eyes blown wide.

"woah, speaking simultaneously," simon gasps, "that's real twin shit."

"see what? you're freaking me out," jupiter whispers back, they'd felt an odd feeling, something wasn't right.

felix just looked around him, looking for whatever he'd just seen, before he was hacking up blood again.