He gave two tap at my head and said, "Stop using your non-existing brain dear sister."

I scoffed and returned my gaze at our dear so-important guest and noticed them coming. Behind them followed a younger girl around my age and a elderly woman in a wheelchair. My eyes softened at this.

"This is our son, Aditya. And she's our daughter, Kiara." Our father introduced us to them.

"And they are Vineet Agarwal and Reena Agarwal. She's Riya, their daughter. And she is Vineet's mother."

"Namste Uncle, Aunty." We said to the couple and the elderly woman. I warmly smiled at Riya and she did the same.

"Come and sit na." My dad gestured to the sofa and they all took the seat.

"You are so pretty, beta." Reena aunty said to me. I smiled at this and said, "Thank you, aunty."

Wah, Kiara. Too much compliments. This kurti is surely magical.

I noticed the elderly aunty is staring at me with soft gaze. I smiled at her.

My mother stood up and gestured me to come. I pointed at myself and asked, "Me?" She again glared at me. I gulped and followed her to the kitchen.

She took the two trays of tea and foods and handed one to me.

"You should have done this by yourself. Its daughter-in-law who should do this."

"Do I look like I have two pairs of hands. And yes it's the daughter-in-law work." She walked out and I followed.

I put the tray at the table and went to sit at the sofa. But Reena aunty caught my wrist and spoke, "Come and sit beside me."

I sat beside and her and she said, "You mother, Isha said you are a doctor."

"Practically yes, but I'm still an intern."

"There's too much studying in medical, right?" Riya asked me and I turned my face to hers and said, "Indeed, there is." I chuckled at this reminding myself how much I have studied.

"But all is worth in the end, right." Vineet uncle said and I nodded smiling.

My parents and they continued with their talk while they kept asking me some things. While I also had small talks with Riya.

I got to know that she also works in her father's company which is now run by her older brother. He took over the company after graduating. I didn't paid attention to his name. She's also 25 years old, same as mine.

I glanced at my brother and mouthed, 'What's happening.'

He again shrugged. Such a useless brother he is.

"I like her." The elderly woman said. I internally smirked.

Haye aunty, everyone likes me.

"Thank you, aunty."

"Call me dadi. I'm too old to be aunty." She said

I laughed and said, "Okay, dadi."

"It's yes from our side." She said and I looked at my mother confusingly.

Oh god. Is this going there where I'm thinking. Oh, Hell na.

"Yes for what?" I nervously laughed and innocently asked.

So innocent ha.

"Yes for the marriage, Kiara. They have came to ask your hands for marriage." My mother explained to me with pleading eyes.

"With whom? I don't see anyone here."

"With my brother Vihaan Agarwal, I told you about." Riya said.