She rested her arms on the metal bar. Ignoring the blistering cold she leaned forward slightly, releasing a small breathless chuckle. "I fucking knew it. You never loved me, did you?"

"Hermione I-"

"Just answer the fucking question Malfoy!" she snapped.

"I do love you; I always have, and I always will."

She laughed again and looked down at her left hand, on her second finger sat a ring. A beautiful ring, a ring that once held so much emotion and feeling, a ring that carried their memories and love. But now... it was just a reminder of unfaithfulness and betrayal.

"A maple leaf diamond 18 carat gold white ring," she whispered as she began pulling the ring from her finger.

"Hermione please—"

"Tell me who and how many times."

"Hermione—"

"Who!" She yelled.

"Astoria Greengrass," he started, and she let out one lonely sob, "She moved into the office next to mine a little while ago and w-we got drinks last month. Then we started flirting and one day she invited me back to her place and we..." he gulped "and we..."

"Say it!" she yelled, "Tell me exactly what you did Malfoy!"

"We had sex. It was meant to be a onetime thing but then—then I got addicted and... and now I-"

"Fuck you Draco!"

"Now I love—"

"Fuck you! Fuck you! Fuck you!"

"I love her too Mione. I am so so sorry."

"You said it was only me, you're only meant to love me!" She sobbed as she leaned over the railing and cried.

Through eyes clouded by tears she looked down.

There was a distance of at least 1,000 feet between her and the ground. Maybe, just maybe if she jumped, he'd regret everything. He'd cry day and night; he'd fall out of love with Astoria.

She leaned over further.

Maybe if she jumped her friends would feel horrible, Ron and Harry would be consumed by grief and loss. They'd realise how wrong they were to disown her.

She put her hands over the railing, so they were dangling.

Maybe the papers would see her as the Golden Girl again instead of the Death Eater's Princess.

She sighed in contempt.

They'd all feel horrible if she fell, if she jumped, if she died.

Before she could move further, she felt herself being yanked backwards.

Draco had wrapped his arms around her and pulled her back.

Once they'd fallen onto the ground, they looked at each other and cried.

"Hermione I am so so sorry, t-this was never meant to happen."

"Our wedding is in three fucking weeks Draco! Why me? Is my life not hard enough?" He looked down guiltily as she continued to cry out.

"You said you love me, you said there was no one else, you promised me we'd heal together. You fucking liar!"

"Hermione I- I do love you, I love you so so much," she sniffled as they made eye contact "but I love her too..." he whispered his last words.

"I've sacrificed everything for you! My friends hate me, my colleagues don't even acknowledge my presence, the only people that actual care about me are your friends. I gave up everything to be with you and this is what you do," all traces of sadness left her voice and all that remained was anger and disgust.