1: Meeting you

"And you understand that you are not to see him anymore? Yes? Your truthful promise is very important to us here Y/n."

"I promise"

"You won't speak to him you won't look at him in fact you won't even breathe near the boy. Your father has made it clear he wants you and all students away from him. Especially you."

I watch as my head master heads over to the corner of the room where he gently places his hands on the young boys shoulders. "You will forget about him" his lips start to curve into a sickening smirk whilst he combs through the boys silky brown hair. "He is nothing to anyone. A lost cause he will forever remain. Understood?"

I am unable to reply as I grip tightly onto the edge of my school skirt, my palms turning sweaty and my heart thudding all the way up into my throat. He's staring right at me, those beautifully dark brown doe eyes are locked onto mine. His face remains emotionless, but those eyes, they hold a thousand feelings and all of them are screaming out at once.

He doesn't want me to leave.

"Now go my dear. Forget about this little deviant and progress with your studies. Next time you enter this school, he will no longer remain here."

"And you will never have to witness his lifeless form ever again."

8 years later

"And your CV states that you've recently turned 20 miss L/N is that correct?"

"Yes it is" I smile and watch as the woman continued to scan my CV, a simple one sided piece of paper unlike the booklets stacked next to her. People seem to have written pages and pages about themselves unlike me.

"And it says you've recently dropped out of university after studying psychology and criminology for 2 years? Why the sudden act to give up?"

I was prepared for this question. It's the first thing interviewers seem to ask me apart from my name and age.

"Well my father recently passed away so I had to take care of a few things" I struggle to get my words out before taking a sip of water from my glass the woman had kindly prepared for me. She seems nicer then the last two.

"My condolences." She frowns with forced pity, after all its "supposedly" hard to feel sorry for someone you don't know.

"Well" she suddenly breaks out of her sympathy and smacks my CV onto the pile of others. "Thankyou for coming all this way miss L/N, if things go well then you should expect to hear a call from us by the end of the week."

End of the week

"Oh come on Y/n it's a great start and it pays more then those retail jobs you've been applying for. And I'm guessing that last place never called you. So now is the perfect time to—."

"For the last time. No means no." I say before continuing to put away my books into cardboard boxes. My roommate huffs before crossing her arms over her chest. "He wouldn't have wanted to see you like this."

"See me like what?"

"This!" She gestures around herself. My bed is currently covered with boxes of all my belongings all ready to move into my new place. "Your dad wouldn't like to see you giving up on your dreams. Having to move to a smaller place all because you can't afford the rent here!"

"Kirsten" I sigh with my eyes closed. "I can't. Just. Can't. Go through this again. Please."

"I know you miss him" she speaks with a much softer tone.