"Then let's not waste any time," he looked toward the paper and his fingers traced over the words searching for something.

"Here it is, bonfire. All the things I've ever wanted to do at a bonfire."

"Number one. GREEN FIRE. Care to explain." I read out.

"Well, there was this one time where I "accidentally" lit our laundry soap on fire and it went green. So ever since then, I've wanted to turn the big bonfire green."

"Well then come on, that can be our first tick. Where's the laundry soap?" We collected two bottles of laundry soap and made our way to the tall sticks placed in the middle of a few logs quickly pouring in the substance.

That was when we quickly realised we would need to get much more, so we did. We got another 5 bottles pouring them all in amongst the sticks. Gally saw but did nothing to stop us.

Once we had finished pouring all of it in it looked like enough so we took a step back and marvelled at our work. If you were close you could just about see the blue tint on the wood, but from far away there was zero difference.

"And what are you two doing" I recognised the voice immediately.

We both turned to Newt hiding the bottles behind our backs. "Just marvelling at the soon-to-be fire."

"Then what's that behind your backs." He took a step closer causing both of us to also take a step back.

I leaned back and down a bit so my mouth was level with Chuck's ear, "When I say run, run"

"Nothing behind our backs" I had previously given Chuck my empty bottles so he could run away whilst I cover him.

"Really because I thought I saw-"

"RUN!!!" I screamed and Chuck started running, me making sure to stay right behind him.

Until I suddenly wasn't right behind him, suddenly I was pinned on the floor with Newt hovering over me, his hands grasping the grass beside my shoulders.

He bent down to my ear and whispered "Now, do you wanna tell me what's behind your back"

I smiled, "Newt, how would you be pinning me down flat if there was something behind my back"

I could see the surprise on his face as he realised he had been conned. He crawled off me quickly getting to his feet and trying to go after Chuck, before I pinned him to the ground.

I lent down to his ear exactly like he had "Now Geko, Looks like the roles are reversed" I smiled moving my body back to where we were face to face.

"Geko?" He laughed "What kind of a nickname is that"

"A cute one." I watched as his face went red although he was trying not to show it. Although his face quickly changed to triumph as he rolled us over so that I was now pinned down.

"Are you calling me cute?" He smirked, "You alright?"

"Huh?"

"Your not in pain are you, sorry"

"N- no?" I paused "why?"

"Just seeing if I should continue or not."

"And you've come to the conclusion that...?"

"..." He stared straight into my eyes as mine started darting around.

He shifted his body weight onto one of his arms using the other one he placed it under my chin pulling my face and eyes up to meet his.

I suddenly felt a hot flush take over my body and he must have felt it because he let out a low laugh.

"E- ah- w- well- em-" I could barely get out a word I was so flustered. "You can go after Chuck now." I hoped he would just go after Chuck and leave me to die.

"But love" he pronounced the love bit slower and longer. He leaned back down to my ear for the second time "I'm finding a lot more about myself here"

A shudder went down my whole body as I gulped down the built-up saliva in my mouth.

He started laughing before rising to his feet holding out a hand for me to grab, though I didn't take it and partially made my way up before he grabbed my hand yanking me up.

"Greenie, I'm only playing with ya" I looked towards him.

"Unless..." he spoke but then shook his head almost as if telling himself off, he had a sort of puzzled look on his face.

"You okay?"

"Hmm yea, I just think I'm sick. I'll have to go to the medjacks."

'Well then let's go" I grabbed his hand pulling him along only to be pulled back by him so that we were looking at each other.

I looked away out of sheer awkwardness.

He tried to get me to look at him by putting his face in my vision multiple times but I just faced away.

"Come onnn, don't be like that." He whined, before grabbing my shoulders and facing me towards him.

"Then don't look at me like that! It's creepy"

"You're calling me creepy, who's the one who's been stalking the runners for a good part of 2 years?"

"I didn't stalk you, merely... observed."

"Observed what? Did you like what you saw?"

"Don't you dare even go there you douchebag" but I did I very much did like what I saw.

"Your smiling" he teased.

I punched him in the shoulder. "Aww are you embawased."

I punched him again but harder this time "Jerk" I huffed out.

"Am I though?" He looked at me with a slight smirk on his face and his eyebrows slightly raised. How can a human be so hot? I hadn't even realised him saying greenie until he lightly fuzzed up my hair.

"Okay then, Let me rephrase my question from before, are you liking what you're seeing?"

This time I punched him many times continuously getting harder and harder whilst shouting things like "STUPID BASTARD" and "YOU CAN'T JUST SAY STUFF LIKE THAT"

Whilst I was doing this he finally gave in "ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow okay okay ill stop just stop ow ow."

Though I didn't stop, I was embarrassed and mad. "STUPID GEKO" He wrapped his arms around me locking my arms in place and making it so that I couldn't hit him anymore.

"I know I'm sorry love"

"Eww, you Shuckface."

He let out a deep hearty laugh.

He had only started calling me it regularly this week and, I had to be honest, it gave me butterflies.

"Come on love, we've gotta get back to the bonfire. We've spent quite some time over here rolling around, it might even have started already."

---------------------------------------------

Sorry, this was supposed to come out yesterday, I didn't realise I hadn't posted it 😅.

The rest of the gladers during all of this 👁👄👁

BBBAAAAIIIIIIIIII

Xoxo Thederpydeer

✅️