Chapter 24 - A New Face? And Bonding Time

~⁕(y/n) POV⁕~

"The winner is: Team A!!"

Pure Joy went through my body as Kalego-san made the announcement of the results "WE DID IT!!!" I jump up with my hands spread above my head, a satisfied smile adorn my face as while sweat also rolled down from the exhausting yet thrilling battle we had with Asmodues.

"Iruma-nii, we won! We won haha!!" I run up towards my brother and jump on his back to hug him "Haha! Yeah, (n/n)-chan we won!" Iruma said with a smile, also happy with the outcome of our battle.

"(y/n)-chiii!" "Ouf!" "Gaah!" Clara decided to launch herself on my back, the impact has made Iruma triple over and is crushed by my and Clara's weights "You did great, (y/n)-chi! You too, Iruma-chi!" Clara exclaims still laying on top of me before the others came to our rescue and pick Clara up from my back.

"Are you alright (y/n)-chan?" Elizabeth asks me with worry "I'm alright since I just have some scratches here and there, nothing severe. Thank you for asking, Eli-chan!" I gave her a smile in token of my appreciation for her care "though I hope it's the same to you too Eli-chan" "of course!"

'Aaah!! Two deities talking to one another!!' Camui and Lead screamed in their own minds at the sidelines, crying in tears of happiness as they watch the two girls or ''deities'' talking to each other

"(y/n), Iruma!" Kalego-sensei called out my and Iruma's names and gave us our new badges "Iruma, (y/n). You are hereby promoted to rank 2, Beth" Kalego-sensei declared our rank status "though if I ever found out that Asmodues have given the win on purpose, there will be grave consequences on both sides" Kalego-sensei stated, letting us be warned.

*BA-DUMP!*

'I..' tears weld up on my eyes from joy, my heart thumping in pure ecstasy from my achievement "Congrats on winning, (y/n)-chan" a female's voice said from behind that snap me from my trance "Ah! Amelie-san, you're here?!" I yelled in confusion as to why she came here since, well.. She's also a student, right? Don't get me wrong, It's not like I don't appreciate her taking off her time for me!

As if she read my mind she answered that relates what I had in mind "Don't worry about me and my problems. I'm free for now" Amelie-san stated with a smile 'even though it's not true... But I still want to make some time for us. So work can wait a bit once I'm done'.

"Anyways, let's put work aside. I came here to say you did great out there!" Amelie commented "Mhm! This is the first time I've strive on something to achieve and it feels reeeaal great!" I emphasize my words making Amelie grin "that's right! Succeeding your goal is the most pleasant feeling you can feel as a demon! And to succeed, you need to have a fighting spirit and that fighting spirit is called, AMBITION!!" Amelie exclaims as her posture being confident and prideful.

"Ambition..?" I mumble out. I hold on to my chest, the word ''ambition'' felt foreign to me.

"(y/n)-chan! C'mon, Kalego-sensei is treating us for our victory!!" "Yeah! Let's go!" "HUH?!?! I DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING 'BOUT THAT YOU LITTLE GREMLINS!!" calls from my classmates made me look back. Smiling, I've decided to take my leave "Amelie-san, I guess we'll meet again next time" I said to the tall female that I've conversate with "of course. See you at our next meet up, (y/n)-chan" "mhm! Bye-bye!" I wave a goodbye to Amelie before running to my class.

-

-

-

-

"That's all it" I summed up the events that took place a while ago "somehow, we manage to ranked up safely" Iruma-nii commented from beside me, feeling really cheerful "Safely? You call this safely?" Opera-senpai revealed our injuries that we've gotten from our battle with Asmodues