Chapter Ten

Y/N POV

"I am privileged to honour this year's fourth grades their senior Jujustu certification and graduation of high school. These four have grown and blossomed within this school. Each has shown that they are worthy to be called true jujutsu sorcerers.

They have worked hard to achieve their different levels and grades. This year has been especially challenging with their exposure to different aspects and threats faced in our world..."

The principal continued his speech while the three of us waited anxiously behind stage. Akina was practically jumping from foot to foot. Suguru kept straightening his uniform and his hair, his OCD was clearly acting up. When Akina noticed his nerves she gripped his big hand in her tiny one. He relaxed and together they just swayed a little.

Cute.
I thought grimly looking at the two. They weren't really in a relationship although I knew that Akina had feelings for the tall boy. But their affection made my heart twist.

He'll just forget you.
I'd graduate and he'd move on, I'd just be one of his peers from the past. I just needed to get through today, then maybe I could move on too.

"Akina Mirai has achieved Level Two as a Jujutsu Sorcerer. She successfully defeated two level one curses on her internship."

Akina skipped her way onto the stage and accepted her certificate. She shook the principal's hand. Gojo was wearing a black suit with a deep purple tie. He looked...he looked god like.

He'll forget you.
Already there were rumours that he was dating another sorcerer from our sister school, Mei. He would he ever date me anyway.

Suguru went up next.
"Suguru Geto has achieved Level Two as a Jujutsu Sorcerer. He successfully exorcised three level one curses and one level two grade curse on his internship."

Finally it was my turn. I straightened my uniform and shook myself ready. Gojo's blindfolded face was looking at me through the curtain wings.

The principal's voice echoed.
"Finally Y/N L/N has achieved Level One as a Jujutsu Sorcerer. She exorcised a level two curse, two level one curses and helped her fellow student, Saturo Gojo, capture a special level curse. Congratulations."

I walked across the stage and took my certificate from the principal's hand. He shook my hand firmly. I walked over to where Gojo stood. Without eye contact I stood next to him.

"Congratulations Fourth years to an extraordinary graduation!"

With that our ceremony ended and the other two went to speak to their families. Two empty chairs reminded me that my parents were just too busy to be there. Both running corporations and my mother fighting curses.

I blended into the shadows and walked down the stone path. I saw as Gojo went and hugged both Akina and Suguru, it stung me because I knew he'd never do that to me. I raised my coat and continued till their joy was muffled and the school gates were a few feet away.

The rush of air and the jolt of my nerves as a hand grabbed me told me who had stopped me.
"You're not running again."
He said softly.

I refused to look at him.
"Let me explain. Please Y/N."
I sighed and let my shoulders drop.
"You have five minutes before the bus arrives."

"I didn't want to be a phase for you."
I turned to him frowning. What the hell did he mean!
"A phase?! So you thought it's best that you tell me I'm unworthy!"
"We live in a society built on lies Y/N! If we do much as show affection people and curses will target you!"

"We could always work around that! Clans have-"
"Clans are hundreds of people protecting one another!"

"So then what were all the other girls?"
"Distractions! Gods do you know how hard I've tried to stay away from you."
He came closer to me, towering over me.

"Stay away from me?"
I said angrily.He removed his blindfold and I saw his crystal orbs. So sincere. I faltered and he spoke.

"Because I knew...if I was closer to you I'd never be able to let go."

My breath caught in my throat as he spoke.
"W-hat are you trying to say?"
I whispered out. He smiled.

His lips crashed into mine and my body filled with desire and feeling. I was on fire. I could feel all the longing and passion he had held back. All the aggression and love that he had for me.

I kissed him back, melting into it. His hands brought my body closer and his lips left mine only to attach to to my neck. I pull his head back up and kissed him again.

We broke the kiss a huffed mess. He leaned his forehead on mine and smiled.
"I want you and only you. I could never forget you Y/N. Never."

I whispered up to his ear,
"Wasn't I supposed to not fall for you?"
"Darling~..."
He mumbled into my neck.
"We were always going to fall for each other."