𝐈𝐈. 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐢

We both walked towards a fast-food chain and my eyes immediately lit up when we entered the fast-food chain. I thought we'll be in a fancy restaurant but I was wrong. This is much more comfortable than those things. 

"I'll order for us, what would you like to eat?" He turned to me and asked me.

I was hesitant at first but decided to tell him anyway, "A big burger and fries along with coke and ice cream." I said making him chuckle and nodded, "Alright. You can go find us a seat." 

I nodded in response and starts finding a seat, I can feel his gaze on me as I make my way to the empty table on the corner of the fast-food chain, looking outside, many passersby continued to do what they're here for. Everyone seemed busy, I smiled when I saw a kid trying to buy something that she could not afford, it's cute. I snapped back to reality when my phone vibrates indicating that I received a text and when I looked at it I received a text from Jen,

---------

Jen: ‘so? How was it? Are you gonna hit it tonight?

Me: ‘of course not!’ 

Jen: ‘Oh come on, Alexei! You need to have some fun and blow off some steam sometimes!’ 

Louisiana: ‘That's right! Just go for it, Alex! You can do this!’ 

----------

I sighed mentally knowing that both of them are crazy for pushing me to cheat on Harold. I was too focused on typing that I didn't even notice him standing beside the table while holding the tray. I immediately closed my phone when he placed the tray on the table, and I'm almost entirely sure that he was trying to pry on my phone. He smiled at me then sat on the chair across from me. When I saw the burger, I can already feel my mouth drooling, it's been a while since I've eaten burgers from outside. I started to eat without even waiting for him and I heard a faint chuckle coming from his lips.

"So? Tell me about you." He said making me stop from taking another bite from my burger. I could see the corner of his lips again, twitching. Trying not to laugh or smile, and I still don't know what the hell is he thinking.

I took my coke and drink it slowly then placed it back on the table as I stared at it for a bit before opening my mouth to say something. 

"I don't know what to tell you since my life isn't that interesting but, I'm a junior architect at this company and I'm also about to get promoted," I paused and smiled, "Being an architect has been my life long dream. I like designing so, It works well for me." 

I heard him chuckle then takes fries from my food then eats them before talking, "You haven't told me your name yet." He said making me smile apologetically, “Oh, sorry about that... My name is Alex—” I was cut off by my phone when it started ringing. 

“Hello?... Y-yes, sir! I'll be there in a few minutes!” I stood up and smiled at him apologetically, “Sorry, I have to go now, may I know your name? I'll treat you to lunch next time!” 

I saw him smile and grabbed a calling card from his pocket as he handed it to me, I paused for a second when our hands touched. I felt a spark. A spark that I've never felt with anyone before,  “The name's Jace... Jace Dawson .” he replied with a smile.

I smiled back then nodded, “See you again soon, Jace! I had a great time!” I waved my hand then ran out of the fast-food chain.

I exited the mall and glanced at the calling card he gave me but for a split second, a swarm of the crowd suddenly came to me, squishing me. And once it's over, the card is gone.