10 Years Later

"Yes, sir. All of the blueprints are ready to be reviewed by the client in the morning. I am taking them home tonight to comb through them one last time to ensure we didn't miss anything." You said to your boss though the phone receiver. You were waiting at the busy train station wearing your usual black blazer, dress pants, white button down shirt and black, pointed toe stilettos. Your work bag hung from one arm as you gripped your evening coffee in the other. It had been a long day of preparing the documents for the meeting with your new clients in the upcoming days. 

You were working for a large tech and security company in the heart of Tokyo as their lead product designer. You weren't given much information on the new clients you were meeting with but you knew this was a lucrative opportunity for your company.

After you hung up the phone, someone came running up from behind you, crashing into you causing your work bag to fly in front of you, spilling out the contents across the concrete platform of the train station, along with the coffee you were sipping, staining the blueprints you needed for the following day. Swearing profusely under your breath, you quickly drop to your knees to save as many documents as possible from the spilled coffee.

 You quickly shuffle the papers back into your bag and stand up, as you're about to board your train you hear a deep voice from behind you. "Excuse me, is this yours as well?" The voice asks politely. 

You turn around and your eyes are met with the deep, dark eyes of Akashi Takeomi. You feel your chest tighten and your breath hitch in your throat. You quickly take in his features, as this may be the last chance you have to do so. His hair, formerly a plain black and allowed to loosely fall around his face, is now black with streaks of blonde on the sides. It sits at a medium length and he styled it in slicked fashion, away from his face. He now also has a scar spanning from the right side of his forehead vertically down to the corner of his mouth, he has a cigarette lazily hanging from between his lips and he's sporting a trench coat over a light pink dress shirt with a maroon tie and matching dress pants. 

Akashi has never failed to take my breath away, but after ten years does he even remember who I am? You think to yourself with a frown. 

"Yes, thank you." You reply dryly to the tall man as you take the documents from his hands. You quickly turn as you begin to rush away towards the train when you hear the man yell out "Y/N?" You turn back around, your eyes once again meeting his. 

"Will you please allow me to take you out to dinner?

You feel the world slow down, as it did ten years ago when the same man had broken your heart. You wanted to say no, you really did, but something inside of your heart prevented you from doing so. You reached inside of the front pocket of your bag and pull out your business card. You extend out your arm to hand it over to Akashi. 

"You can give me a call sometime tomorrow night," you say. As he takes the card, his fingers gently brush yours causing your heart to skip a beat and a chill to be sent down your spine. The trains warning whistle sounds, pulling you out of your moment with Akashi. You abruptly turn and without another word you sprint away to catch the train home. 

Once you arrived home, you had no time time to process the interaction you had just had with your ex, you had to immediately go to work salvaging the damaged documents. After about six hours and a few glasses of wine, the blueprints had been redrawn and gone though the final editing. You wander into your luxurious master bathroom to draw a bath for yourself to wind down. In the morning you will be working with a supposed pharmaceutical company that goes by the name "ONTBEN." Although they were funding a multimillion Yen security design project, you found it fishy that a start up company is able to foot the bill for a project like this, but then again it wasn't your job to do the background check on these companies.

You slip into your warm bubble bath and close your eyes. In your relaxed state, you can't help but to think about the one and only Akashi Takeomi. Your mind is consumed with the memories relationship you two had shared for nearly five years before the dreadful day at the park bench. What has he been up to since that day? How did he get that scar on his face? You hate to admit it, but you're actually looking forward to dinner with him, but after ten years, you two aren't the same kids anymore. You were just two stranger who grew up together.  Come tomorrow, everything will be change.