1.8

A hole under the Whomping Willow led us outside. I inhale the fresh night air. Ron sat down on the tree's trunk. Hermione took a look at his injured leg. Sirius walked closer to the castle to get a good view of it. Harry joined him.

I waited for Remus and Pettigrew. When they arrived, Pettigrew begged Hermione and Ron for help, but they both just stared at him.

I grabbed Pettigrew and pulled him to the ground. Remus and I pointed our wands at him.

"How did you get into the Shrieking Shack?" Remus asked me.

"Oh, your buddy, Sirius performed the crime of kidnapping", I explained. "It's fine though. The bruises on his face are mostly from me slapping him and punching him".

"Oh", Remus said. "I hope you weren't too frightened".

"Sirius told me everything. So I was able to rest easy", I said. "What I don't get is Sirius said he didn't want me to help him in catching Pettigrew. He told me he was innocent and I believed him, but he still wouldn't let me leave the Shrieking Shack".

"Why do you think that might be?" Remus asked.

"I don't know. That's why I'm asking you. You're his friend", I said.

"Harry!" Hermione shouted. Harry and Sirius looked at us. Hermione pointed at the moon.

I looked at the moon. It was full. I looked at Remus. "RJ?" I asked. I slowly took a step back. "Tell me you took your potion".

"Remus, my old friend, have you taken your potion tonight?" Sirius asked as he ran towards Remus.

"Get behind me", I said to Harry, Hermione and Ron.

"You know the man you truly are, Remus! This heart is where you truly live! This heart here!" Sirius shouted to Remus.

Pettigrew grabbed Remus's wand. "Expeliarmus!" Harry shouted. Pettigrew waved goodbye with an evil grin. He turned into a rat and scurried away.

"No!" I shouted.

"Run! Run!" Sirius shouted. He tried to hold Remus back, but Remus knocked him to the ground as he transformed.

I walked closer to Lupin. "Haylie, what are you doing?" Ron asked.

"Lupin", I said. Lupin was in his werewolf form. He was whimpering. He sounded like he was in pain. The werewolf looked at me when I came closer. "Professor Lupin?"

The werewolf howled. I stepped backwards. "Guess he didn't take his potion", I said. Harry, Ron and Hermione stood behind me. I pulled out my wand.

"Get ready to run", I said to the children.

Father came out of the hole. "There you are, Potter", he said.

"Dad, behind you!" I shouted.

Father turned around to see the werewolf. Werewolf Lupin growled. He got closer and tried to scratch one of us.

A black dog launched at him. It was Sirius in his Animagus form.

The dog and the werewolf face off against each other. I heard one of them whimper in pain as they fought each other.

Remus and Padfoot ran away into the forest. "Sirius", I said. I ran after them.

"Haylie, get back here!" Father shouted.

I didn't listen to him. I kept running. Mooney got the upper hand on Padfoot and threw him into a rock.

"Leave him alone!" I shouted. I picked up a long tree branch. The werewolf looked at me. "Don't make me hurt you. You know me. I know you. Try to think".

The wolf lunged forward to bite me. I whacked him in the face with the stick. "Sirius, run!" I shouted.

The wolf bites on the stick. He pulled me with a strong force. I slammed into the ground.

The wolf towered over. "Remus, it's me. It's Haylie. I'm your friend", I said.

The wolf came towards me. I screamed as I put my arms over my face. But the werewolf's teeth never reached my skin.

Padfoot attacked Werewolf Lupin. I felt a rush of fear wash over me.

"Sirius", I said softly.

I saw Harry throw a rock at the Werewolf. There was a howl in the distance. The werewolf ran towards the sound.

I laid my head on the ground, sighing with relief. "Haylie", Harry said. He ran towards me.

"I hit my head very hard", I said as I felt the blood on the back of my head. "Don't worry about me. Go get Sirius. Dad can't bring him to the Ministry".

Harry ran down the hill where Sirius had fallen. I closed my eyes.

"Haylie".

I opened my eyes to see my father, standing in front of me. "Dad, you have to help Sirius", I said.

Dad knelt down to me. He pointed his wand at me. Next thing I know, I was knocked unconscious.