"Hello again, I'm Y/n. We didn't get a chance to introduce ourselves earlier." You spoke up, trying to do anything to avert an awkward crisis in the middle of the playground.

"Yes, that's right. Nice to meet you, Y/n. I'm Mei. I had a nice time speaking with you earlier, though I'm a bit surprised to see that you know my Ex-husband." She giggles lightheartedly, which only seems to further infuriate Rin.

"How do you know each other, if you don't mind me asking?" She spoke again, this time with a little more bite.

"Oh, I'm his- "

"Girlfriend." Suna quickly cut you off, finishing your sentence for you. "She's my girlfriend."

The word startled you, it was something you weren't expecting. Then again, you couldn't be too surprised, since you practically gave him the idea in the first place. He was just taking a page out of your own handbook.

Of course, you'd play along for his sake. Pay it forward, right? Atsumu had helped you earlier, so you could do the same for Rin. Not that you even minded it, but of course, you'd never admit that.

Gripping his arm firmly, you pulled yourself in closer, slapping your best lovestruck smile on as you gazed at your second fake boyfriend of the day. You simply nodded, confirming his statement.

"Oh, that's great!" She responds enthusiastically, though her eyes held a hint of sadness within them that was hard for you to ignore.

"While we're all catching up, care to explain why haven't you spent anytime with your kids?" Rin spat, finally finding his nerve to give his ex-wife a piece of his mind.

"I've been meaning to do that... I've just been so busy with work and trying to get things ready for the new baby." She responds, timidly and guilt ridden.

"So you just go off and get knocked up, completely forgetting about your other kids?" He's seething, and now you're becoming more and more uncomfortable as this conversation continues.

"I didn't plan for this to happen!" She shouts, finally reaching her own breaking point. "Not that it's any of your business, anyways!"

"Not my business? We aren't even officially divorced yet, Mei! Do you know how fucking embarrassing this is for me?"

"Of course, as always, IT'S ALL ABOUT YOU!!" She shouts back, her calm composure slipping with each staggered breath she takes.

You're standing there awkwardly, glancing back and forth between the two of them. This obviously is a conversation that you don't need to be here for, deciding that it's time for you to go find the kids and make sure they aren't witnessing this fiasco.

"Uh, I'm gonna go check- "

"No. Stay." Suna barks the order at you, catching your hand as you start to walk off.

You turn around with half a mind to chew him out for speaking to you in such a way, but the look in his eyes damn near knocks the air out of your chest.

Those eyes that typically held such a cold, vacant expression, now exuded nothing but pain and vulnerability. The way that he desperately reached out for you was alarming, in the sense that you had no idea just how deeply his emotional scars had ran.

"Please."

There it was again, that desperation - the overwhelming need for you to stay by his side. It was surprising how his demeanor shifted so suddenly from just moments before when the two of you were alone. All of the confidence that he displayed while he was teasing you had all but disappeared as soon as he caught sight of her.