023 - Go To Hell.

Start from the beginning

Still, I wanted to hear what she had to say. So, I asked.

"For what?"

That question was probably a shocking one to her because she looked up and at me, her eyes meeting mine. I saw the confusion in them like she didn't understand why I asked that question when the answer was pretty obvious.

But I wanted to hear her answer. I wasn't sure why, but I wanted her to be comfortable enough to tell me.

"For breaking down like that," She answered and I exhaled slightly, still watching her. She held my gaze for a bit before she looked away again like she was feeling another wave of embarrassment wash over her.

"And for ruining your shirt." She added in a whisper, causing me to finally glance at my shirt.

There was a large wet spot on the area of my chest from the crying, but that wasn't all. Even with the wet spot, there was a huge brown stain that was very noticeable, courtesy of Hilary's makeup. It almost looked like I used my hand to scoop a bit of mud and stain my shirt with it.

But honestly, I didn't care about my ruined shirt. I was more concerned about the fact that she had apologized for crying... or breaking down. No one should apologize for venting out their frustration, pain, hurt, or anger through tears.

Especially Hilary.

This past month hasn't been the most favorable for her. She lost her brother. Found out how much of a jackass her ex-boyfriend was. Didn't take an entire day for the classmates that used to sing her praises to turn on her.

It was too much to handle all at once. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it if I was in her shoes.

"Crying is how your heart speaks when your lips can't explain the pain you feel," I told her, causing her to look at me.

I had read that quote somewhere and this was the time it came in handy. I needed Hilary to know that she had nothing to apologize for. I took a short glance at the white wall ahead before turning back to look at her again and found her watching me.

I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Never apologize for letting out your frustration through tears." I continued, knowing within myself that I had first-hand knowledge about this. "I told you earlier, it's completely okay to cry." I reminded her, watching as Hilary nodded slowly, letting me know she understood what I was saying.

She was quiet as if digesting my words slowly. I just needed her to know that being this emotional wasn't a bad thing. Being emotional just shows how human you are. And Hilary had every right to be emotional at this point in her life.

I couldn't help the curious part of me that kept wondering why she had broken down like that. I saw her earlier at the party. I saw the way she was having fun with her friends. She was happy. Genuinely Happy, I was so sure. She was radiating so much positive energy, that even I felt it from where I stood several feet away from her.

Yes, I was watching her. She made it pretty hard not to. I mean, she looked stunning.

But, all of a sudden, she's dashing into the restroom, breathless, disoriented, teary eyes. Then, the way she started crying... It scared me to bits. Scared me like the day she had fainted outside the pool in my arms. Scared me just like yesterday, when I found her outside the pool, having a panic attack.

I was terrified but I had to maintain my cool.

Something happened, something big that must have triggered this outburst. But in as much as I wanted to know what it was, I wasn't going to pressure her into telling me. Especially if it was as bad as letting her break down like that.