[ 💔 - Switched Roles ]

Summary: before the building debris can collapse on Oboro, you make sure it takes your life instead

Warnings: manga spinoff spoilers, angst, death

Ngl this is kinda just if Oboro was in Aizawa's place so it's kinda repetitive but oh well. Not the best because I don't write angst and I'm not the greatest at getting in your feels! Mostly writing practice. ^^

☁️ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ ࿐ྂ

"That was... Yamada's voice quirk?!" Shouta shouts, though it was to nobody in particular. Taking note of the situation, you analyzed the field to make sure you knew where everybody was.

Shouta was a few steps infront of you, and Oboro was a little bit farther away near the kids as he was instructed to get them out of danger.

Looking upwards at the humongous villian before you, your eyes trailed to the building that Oboro was practically underneath. It was unstable, and you could tell that Oboro knew this. He had always been a quick thinker, after all.

Unsurprisingly, the building had started to collapse and debris started falling downwards at an unsettling speed. The speed wasn't what made the debris unsettling, it was the sheer size of the debris.

You doubted getting bit by that would end pretty. And to make matters worse, Oboro was right underneath said debris, same goes for the children.

Luckily he had made a cloud, but it was only enough for the kids. Unfortunately, the stakes of the situation combined with seeing your friend in that much danger activated a flight or fight response within you, and you went straight to fight.

Only you were fighting for your friend.

"OBORO!" You shout, your legs moving on their own as you activate your quirk which allowed you to catch up in time. "(Y/N)-" he tried to speak, but you had acted too fast.

Grabbing onto his coat, you threw him over and out of the way with as much strength as you could muster before everything went black.

☁️ . . . ⇢ ˗ˏˋ OBORO'S POV ࿐ྂ

I had no time to register what just happened as I heard Shouta's voice strain in shock as he screamed. "(Y/N)!!" He had started running over shouting more things, like, 'No, (Y/N)!" and 'Why? How?!'.

I could feel warm liquid run down the side of my face as I sat up and rubbed my forehead. (Y/N) grabbed me with an insane amount of force I've never seen her manage before, so I had to gain my bearings as quickly as possible to see what happened.