V

"Look who it is!" I heard a screech behind me, the sound prompting me to hold my books in only one hand, the other grabbing my wand. Here we go, I thought darkly.
     "Listen, I'm not-" Her exaggerated laugh cut me off, making me roll my eyes at her dramatics.
     "I don't care! We need to settle this!"
     "There's nothing that needs to be settled between us, Bellatrix." I sighed exasperatedly.
     "You messed with my cousin, trapping him in such disgusting ways... How dare you- you traitor!" She raised her wand towards me, but didn't shoot any spells. We weren't alone in the corridor, so obviously all the students around us stopped to watch our little quarrel.
     "You don't know what you're talking about."
     "The nerve you have! I know this was your mother's plan to ruin our legacy, getting rid of Reggie." The students around us started whispering, while pointing between us.
     "Don't bring my mother into this."
     "I could also talk about your father... Oh, how he screamed when I tortured him... It was a pity that the only thing he said was not to touch you..." My blood froze in my veins, I couldn't hear this right now. "I love doing things I've been asked not to."
     "While we're at Hogwarts there's nothing you can do to me."
     "I'm sure you'd like to believe that!" She snapped, her laughter echoing throughout the corridor as she turned around, breaking the circle the students made around us.

     "Y/n." A soft voice approached me. "Come with me." Andromeda grabbed my hand, pulling me after her, in the Ancient Runes classroom. We sat down close to the front, knowing that Bellatrix and her stupid gang sat at the back. I didn't notice Regulus sitting behind us, as Andy pulled me into a hug.
     "Did you hear what she said?" I whisper as I pull away, but our hands remained connected. She nodded, her eyes glazed with tears. "She killed my father- tortured him-" My voice broke, while I tried my hardest not to burst into tears.
     "Who?" I heard from behind me. Just as I turn to look at him, I hear the teacher opening the door and welcoming us into a new year.
     "Bellatrix." Andromeda whispers, slighlty turning towards him.

____________________

     "Y/n, wait." Regulus reaches to hold my elbow. I turn around, my eyes looking over his face. He seemed panicked. "Walk with me?" He asked, gesturing towards the door, but then turning to look at Andromeda. She shrugged, saying something about having to send a letter to someone.
     "What happened?"
     "I was walking towards Ancient Runes, but then Bellatrix stopped me, telling me that I'm a traitor, trapping you with such a vow-"
     "You didn't trap me, I could've backed out." I shrugged, trying to ignore the feeling that was laying heavy on my shoulders. Bellatrix was right, I trapped him.
     "Then she told me how she tortured my father." He sighed, pushing his hands further into his pockets.
     "I'm sorry."
     "You have nothing to apologize for. I'm sorry for accusing you."

______________________

     "I have to go to get something from our dorm." I say as I stand up. Andromeda followed my actions, but I stopped her. "You finish eating, I'll be back in ten minutes."
     I loved how empty the corridors were during lunch. Everything was so quiet, so peaceful. Just as I rounded the corner towards the Slytherin Common Room, I walked into someone's chest.
     "Sorry." I apologize, quickly looking up towards their face. I freeze as I make eye contact with Rodolphus Lestrange. "Rodolphus." I acknowledge, before stepping around him, to continue my way towards my dorm.
     "Not so fast, Y/n." He grabbed one of my shoulders, pushing me towards the wall. I jump slightly at his grip, not expecting him to be so harsh. "I've heard about you and Black."
     "Which one?" I tease, knowing exactly about who he was talking about.
     "The one you're marrying. I can't believe you." He laughed dryly, shaking his head. "What happened to 'You're choosing the wrong cause, Rodolphus'? You say you won't be able to be with me because I'm a Death Eater, but then you go and get engaged to Black. Who is also a Death Eater."
     "You pride yourself with that title, don't you?" I scowl, my eyes piercing his dark ones.
     "Who wouldn't?" He shrugs. "We would've been perfect, Y/n. I was so fed up with your 'right cause', but I was able to ignore it for our future. You, on the other hand, refused to."
     These were the words Regulus heard from the inside of the common room, his curiosity holding him back from coming into the corridor. The words Regulus didn't hear were "You don't know how much pain you've caused me, Y/n." His hand rested against my cheek, his pain transferring right into my mind. I yell out, my knees nearly giving away. He pushed me against the wall to hold me up, the rough stone scratching my back. I can't stop crying, asking for him to stop. "This pain never stopped, why would yours?"
     "Rod- olphus- stop! Stop- it-- please!" I gasp out, tears rushing down my face. Regulus' body froze at the sounds he heard- breaking his heart. He opened the stone door as fast as he could.
     "Leave her alone! Now!" He approached us quickly. Rodolphus only slightly turned towards him, shrugging. I made eye contact with Regulus, fighting to keep my eyes open.
     "Regulus- please-" At my words he raises his wand towards Rodolphus, who let me go at once. Without his support I slide down the wall, to the floor. Rodolphus turns the corner, leaving me alone with Regulus.
     "Y/n." He dropped down next to me, pulling his sleeve so it was covering his whole hand, using it to wipe my tears away. His other hand rested under my jaw, raising my head in his direction. "I'm sorry I didn't come earlier."
     "Thank you." I sob, wrapping my arms around his middle. He stiffened under my touch for a few seconds, before he wrapped his arms around my shoulders, pushing my head in his green sweater. At some point he started to rock us from left to right, slowly rubbing my back in circles.
     "Is this alright?" He asked softly into my hair. I nodded, taking in his smell.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: I love Regulus way too much, so I needed to write something fluffly!! Hope you enjoyed this part!!