Chapter 7-The Party

Avery's POV

"So you think this looks good on me Bel?" I asked her staring at my full length mirror. We were getting ready for the party tonight. Well I was at least. Isabel? Well she was ready to leave. I turned to her, to analyze what she was wearing. She wore a cute white crop top with short shorts that complimented her tanned long legs. I bit my lip. She looks really pretty. I mean who could look really gorgeous in such casual clothes. Isabel. That's who. Woah. Was I checking my best friend out? NO FREAKING FRICK FRACK WAY! Avery you aren't checking your best friend out, you're just admiring her dressing sense. I shook my head and waited for her response.

I caught her staring at me intently. I blushed and felt a tinge of insecurity wash over me. "You look gorgeous" I heard her say. I blushed at her compliment.

What is going on with me? "Can we please go now? I don't want to be late Av" I turned to her and nodded.

We left our house and I let Isabel drive the car. She loved my car, and knowing that she got to drive it all the way to the party made her ecstatic.

We reached our destination within thirty minutes. It was one of James 's friend's house. We heard loud music blaring as we neared the house. Here we go.

As usual we saw a bunch of teenagers drunk, the others dancing on the floor . I tried looking for James immediately. I held onto Bel's hands and we made our way through all the drunken teenagers. We reached the kitchen but James was nowhere to be seen. I felt someone's hands around my waist. James. I smiled and turned around.

"How are you babe? You look amazing today, as usual" James said leaning toward me and kissing my cheek. I giggled like a tween having a girl crush. I was wearing a black dress that ended right above my knees. Not too revealing but was not too innocent either. I hugged him and took his scent in. He smelled like after shave cologne and beer. Not bad.

Where did Isabel go? I remember holding her hands, but where was she now?

"Here you go babe" I heard James say. He handed me a red plastic cup filled with cheap beer. I took it and started sipping the beer.

He led me through the living room. I saw that a bunch of his friends were playing beer pong. Typical teenage guys. "Oh dude, James I challenge you to a beer pong match. Me against you. What say?" Matt said snickering at him. "You're going down Matt." James said letting go of my hand. I sighed. Guys.

"Hey babe, I'm going to look for Is alright? I'll be outside if you need me." I saw him nod. I made it to the entrance. Where was Isabel? She never left me alone during parties like these.

I made it outside. The fresh cold air hitting me. I inhaled and continued my search for my long lost friend. Where was she? Oh god, was she with that bitch Alison? I gagged at the thought. Nah, she won't be that bitch.