From then on, Shaun had been forced by his father to adapt to both a handful of harsh training, martial arts, kung fu, philosophical disciplines, and honour, for Wenwu could not have ever forgiven himself for not harshly disciplining and training his son to defend his mother. The killer picked back up the ten rings and resurrected his organisation, swearing to defend his oath.

Many tears, scars, and years later, Shaun was grown up, he could be a killing machine, but despite showing his father how hardworking he was, he had known his evil deeds all along, and chose wisely to not go down his path. Instead, he had a plan all along.

To complete the last step to gain the trust of his father, he was thus tasked by his father and the ten rings society to assassinate a long time enemy of his father, who happens to be the leader of the same gang that killed his mother. He took this as an opportunity to escape and avenge his mother, but at the same time having to throw everything he loved behind him; including his sister.

After completing his mission, he then fled to San Francisco, and ended up where he was today. Little did he know after 10 years of living his life his father would find him once again.

"I should probably also tell you my name isn't technically Shaun.." He added, looking down at his hands. Both of the girls stared at him in shock, Enara even choked on her glass of water she was drinking.

"What.. what is it then?" Katy asked, still a bit stunned as Enara coughed; still trying to recover.

"it's.. Shang-Chi." He said.

"Shan Qi" Katy tried mimicking, her shoulders shrugging as she tried to pronounce it properly.

"N-.. Shang Chi."
"Shan Chi" She lifted her index finger.
"Shang."
"Shan."
"Shang."
"Shh..an."

Enara rolled her eyes. "It's S. h. a. n. g Shàng, right?"
"Yes."

"Bleh, When did you learn how to speak chinese?" Katy stuck her tongue out.
"I thought it was in your blood." Enara shrugged back. "Didn't your mom teach you to speak?"

Her gaze then turned to Shang, her expression going from stubborn to a silly grin. "Anyway, So you're telling us, you changed your name from Shang, to Shaun?"

"Yeah Shang! I mean, I wonder how your father found you." Katy snickered, throwing her grudge behind as she tried to not laugh out loud. "Where's your name logic? Your name is Michael and you changed it to... Mitchell?"

"Okay, I was 15 years old-"

"His fifteen year old brain probably went back to learning abc and one two three? Or did he get drunk before he left?" Enara teased, and in return got smacked in the shoulders by Shaun.

"His brain went on holiday?"
"No, it probably did drugs."
"But that's too plain. He got hit by a car?"
"That's too realistic. His situation is fantasy."
"If ten weird artefacts existed, would there be weird magic witches?"

"That is not what happened." He shook his head, failing to hide the grin that spread across his face

"... So you go like 'Hi my name is Jina and I change my name to Gina." Katy giggled. Shaun proceeded to put his earphones on, pointing at it as the girls rambled.

"Yeah no, you know you can hear us." They chanted, and he sighed.

"You two are absolutely horrendous."

Slowly, all three of them got back to doing their respective things: sleeping. Who knows how long they were going to. Could be one hour, could be two, none of them were counting. But it was late; not to mention Katy snoring a bit too loudly, too loudly for Shang that it woke him up even with his headphones on. To be fair; they were too tiny for his ears anyway.