"Oh" was all he said

This made Zeara nervous. She blushed in embarrassment again and played with the straps on her dress

"No it's fine, I just wasn't expecting you to be that young still. I'll tell you something. I have a daughter she's adopted but I love her. She's 15 but doesn't have many friends. Would you like to meet her sometime?"

The Velesco teen smiled and nodded her head. It'd be good if she had friends here

"Yeah I definitely would like to meet her! If you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

Marcel thought for a second. "What age do I say? I don't want her to think I'm a creep, but I'm a vampire. I don't age."

"Oh right, I just turned 20."

Technically he was 20 because that's when he was turned, but she doesn't know that

Or least that's what he thought

"Was that the age you were when you were turned?" She whispered

Hearing this Marcel was stunned. How in the world does she know this

The brunette quickly had to say something before she made herself look like a stalker "Don't worry, I'm not a stalker." She laughed nervously again

"I'm a witch, Velesco witch in particular. I'm sure you heard of that bloodline. The most powerful bloodline, which makes me one of the most powerful witch ever. I got a sensation of you feeling cold and dead, and I have vampire friends and that's how they feel. So I knew that you were a vampire."

Marcel nodded understanding and taking in what she said "Let me give you a little run down. I'm the king of New Orleans, so whatever I say goes. There's also rules to follow. No werewolves are welcomed in the quarter, and witches aren't allowed to do magic. Also vampires can't feed in the daytime, because someone could see us."

Zeara had a puzzled looked on her face. "Why aren't witches allowed to do magic, I mean it's our nature. Just like feeding is your nature. You can still feed at night, but witches can't do magic at all?"

Marcel let out a breathy laugh "Davina is my adopted daughter, and she's a witch. The elders tried to kill her, and still are. Davina is a such a sweet girl who didn't deserve any of that, Im just trying protect her as much as I can."

"Oh. Thank you for telling me. I better get going now, it's 11" Zeara politely said

Marcel stopped her "Wait, let me walk you. I told you vampires feed at night and we don't want anything happening to you do we now."
He said

Zeara shrugged and the two began walking back to Zeara's air bnb

The teen never thought she'd see herself here. In New Orleans, getting a personal escort from the king vampire himself

☆☆☆☆☆

Marcel definitely has a soft spot for Zeara and 
Xila, and I'm actually so excited to see how it will play out In the future!

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!!

OUTFITS NEXT CHAPTER

scene two and three

scene four and five

scene four and five

scene six

edited