Chapter two

(Play the music when Emma is singing)

Emma's POV

I woke up again a while later. I remember fainting after the woman said that she was Wendy Darlings mother. Like, how did that happen? I looked around the room. There were things there that didn't show in the movies. Like, for instance, there was a piano in the children's room. And the room was large. It had four beds, a large bookcase, and there were toys scattered in a specific area, not everywhere. I looked down at my clothes. I was wearing a pretty comfortable green nightdress, which had pockets that contained my phone and AirPods, somehow. I took them out of my pocket and turned my phone on. It was working fine! It had a signal and everything. I connected my AirPods and turned on Spotify to listen to some music.

Skip to a week later

After a week, I was allowed to leave the bed. Apparently, A metal pole had stuck through my car window and I had banged my head on it, hard. So I had suffered a bad concussion and Mrs Darling didn't let me out of bed until now. And she had a good reason not to. Once, she was out with Mr Darling, and the kids had gone with them. I had tried getting out of bed but my head immediately started spinning. My legs also felt like jelly, and so I sat back on my bed. It was ok at first, but it then got annoying. The children introduced themselves, and sometimes talked to me, but otherwise, I was left by myself and my phone.

For some reason, it never ran out of battery. It was always full. It was the same with my AirPods. So of coarse I took it for my advantage. When everyone was asleep, I either watched YouTube, or I listened to music. On youtube, I saw a weird video. It was the news, and it had me on the front with the words missing underneath. I widened my eyes. So this wasn't a dream! I was actually missing! I had had thought that I was just lucid dreaming or something. But no. The date on my phone also said October 22nd, 2021, even though the Darlings had said that it was the year was 1955. I was confused. How did my phone show the present time, but I was actually in the past.

On my messages, my present time friends had messaged me, asking where I was, what happened. I never replied. Today, the darlings had gone out again, so I was left alone. After what seemed like a century, but was really an hour, I got up and went downstairs. I saw the grand piano and decided to play 'Welcome to Wonderland', a song that my mother loved.

"Welcome to Wonderland, we've got it all
Potions and pastries that make you grow tall
Forests and cottages, castles and cards that can talk

Welcome to Wonderland, look where you're at
Maddest of hatters, the Cheshire Cat
Magical cabins and lovely white rabbits with clocks

Dancing through a dream underneath the stars
Laughing 'til the morning comes
Everyone that leaves has a heavy heart
Oh, Wonderland I love

Welcome to Wonderland, I'll be your guide
Holding your hand under sapphire skies
Let's go exploring or we could just go for a walk

Welcome to Wonderland, where should we go
There's a tea party along down the road
Make an appearance and maybe they'll sing us a song

Dancing through a dream underneath the stars
Laughing 'til the morning comes
Everyone that leaves has a heavy heart
Oh, Wonderland I love

Nothing around here is quite as it seems
Not sure if anything's real or a dream
And the only thing sure from the start
Is the song that's inside of your heart

Don't let it leave
If this was a dream, then at least I've got
Memories for when morning comes
Now that I must leave with a heavy heart
Oh, Wonderland I love"

I sang, not noticing that the Darlings had come home until I heard them clapping. I turned around, blushing furiously. I had never preformed in front of people that I didn't know." That was amazing!" Mrs Darling gushed.
"Thank you." I mumbled. Once they stopped clapping, they sat down and started questioning me.
"Did you make the song yourself?" John asked. I hesitated, before nodding. The wouldn't be made until probably like fifty years later, so I took the credit. It probably wasn't a good idea, but eh. Who cares?