05. First Day Back

Start from the beginning

"What?!" Johnny and Miguel exclaimed, snapping their head towards Carly who rolled her eyes

"Miguel's standing." Carly said with a wide smile.

Miguel furrowed his brows before looking down, smiling at how he was standing by himself. "Am I doing it?"

"You're doing it." Johnny confirmed softly.

"Ho- holy shit!" Miguel stammered out, looking to Carly.

Carly laughed, wrapping her arms around Miguel happily. "You did it, Miguel!"

Miguel pulled away, the two staring into each other eyes.

Johnny smiled softly at them. The two kids who were there for him these past few years.

"Get in here, sensei." Carly sniffled as she welcomed Johnny into a group hug.

Johnny smiled before the three group-hugged, everybody sniffling.

"Thank you." Miguel whispered to Johnny.

"No, thank you. Thank you both."

🥋

Carly smiled softly at the posts that were on her feed.

Johnny had posted multiple pictures on Facebook, showing who he really was.

She smiled even wider at the picture of her, Johnny, and Miguel.

She screenshotted it, setting it as her lock screen.

She sighed before turning her face to see a sleeping Miguel.

She trailed her finger along his face.

Miguel opened his eyes sleepily, Carly pulling back her hand instantly.

"Shit, sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." Carly quickly apologized.

"No, no, it's fine, I wasn't asleep." Miguel admitted.

Carly rolled her eyes, a smile on her lips at the lie before sighing.

"We haven't-" Miguel cut himself off, debating if he should ask the question he wanted to. "Can we talk about what I said at Moon's party?"

"Uh, yeah, sure." Carly said, not making eye contact with Miguel.

"Tory and I aren't together anymore." Miguel had noted, licking his lips.

Carly nodded, playing with a loose string on the bed.

"Carly, I love you." Miguel had whispered out, taking Carly completely by surprise.

Hell, it even took Miguel by surprise.

He hadn't meant to say it out loud.

"Miguel, I like you a lot." Carly had said softly.

Miguel sighed, knowing there was something else. "But?"

"But I just have so much stuff going on." Carly said. "I just wanna clear my head before I head into another relationship. I- I loved Sofia and seeing her pack her stuff into her car and then drive off with her parents to whatever city they're moving to next did a lot of damage to me and it made me think about a lot of stuff, and I'm still thinking about those stuff."

Miguel nodded understandingly, inhaling and exhaling deeply.

"Basically what I'm trying to say is, if you want to wait for me-"

"Carly, is that even a question? I'll wait for you, even if it takes years." Miguel said softly.

"Why?" Carly had asked, snapping her eyes up to meet his.