7 One By One

I woke up in the morning completely tangled in Lizzie. I looked at the clock. It was early yet. The wake-up call wouldn't come for another hour. I hadn't been asleep for long but I slept hard. I lay still quietly listening to the sound of Lizzie's breathing and the crickets and tree frogs outside. It was peaceful and relaxing. I closed my eyes and just let my mind drift where it may. It didn't drift far from our troubles.

I woke up tangled in Avi. I breathed in his scent and sighed. He smelled so good, the bed was comfortable, we were naked, and I was in the mood. I slid my hand slowly across his chest and kissed his neck softly. My voice was a little husky. "How much time do we have?"

I recognized what she was asking for. I was miraculously not in the mood, still frustrated and annoyed and mostly hurt. "Not long."

I whined a little and continued to kiss his neck. I licked a line to his ear. I whispered very softly. "Please?"

"We should get ready for the day. Honey."

I pouted. "But it's early and I miss you."

"I miss you too, but you won't get me."

I started to move my hand down his tummy. "Are you sure?"

"I am sure." I caught her hand and kissed it. "Hold that thought for another day."

He said another day. I got upset and turned my back to him.

I kissed the top of her head. She could be angry and hurt but I didn't have to lay there and take the cold shoulder she decided I needed. "I'll just go take a bath then."

I turned and faced away from the tub. He never said no and it hurt. I knew we weren't better yet, but last night felt like a breakthrough. I cuddled his pillow and went back to sleep.

I washed quickly and got out of the tub. If we got anywhere last night we didn't get there yet. I wrapped the towel securely around my waist and let my hair fall down my back and shoulders and went to wake her. I sat on the edge of the bed in front of her and brushed her hair back behind her ear. "Time to wake up and consider eating."

I woke up and I was hungry, but I didn't say anything. I walked to the bathroom area and used the toilet. I walked back slowly and started putting on my underwear, and a sports bra. I had a yoga class this morning.

I wanted to laugh at just how immature her actions were. I didn't bother with it. I simply got out of her way and got dressed. "Did you want me to order your breakfast or would you rather place your order yourself?" I tied my other boot and stood up to go and check the menu.

I grumbled under my breath and finished getting dressed. I was being a baby and I didn't care. "French toast with bananas and sausage patties please." I moved to the living room area and started stretching.

"Will do." I called in the order and sat back and watched her while she stretched. And to think, I thought I was a spoiled brat. I wondered. In the middle of my wondering, our food arrived. The server set the table and kept looking over at Lizzie. I stood up and smiled at him then shook my head and laughed. I tipped him and sent him on his way with rosy cheeks. "Breakfast." I stood by her chair and waited for her.

I caught the server watching me and smiled a bit. I stopped stretching and walked over to my chair and sat down. "I suppose we have another whole day of separate activities?"

I raised a brow at her. "Just two. Did you look at the schedule? There is a dance tonight. I thought it would be fun to get out."

I rolled my eyes. "At least we'll be spending time together. Might be fun." I sipped my water and picked up my fork. I knew the moodiness was a step back, but I couldn't stop it. I thought we were supposed to be working through things and it was awfully hard to do if we were apart for most of the day.