CHAPTER 1

"Jean, I hope you know how much I love you. Too bad I'm gonna leave again. Soon." He said as his eyes started to get filled with tears. He fought the urge to cry, but he lost. His tears began falling from eyes, his hands gripping tighter and tighter on Jean's. "No, Miguel. No you're not leaving. You're not leaving me. You shall not right?" Her voice broke. Slowly, Miguel's eyes began to close. His skin slowly turning pale and his lips, all at ounce, turned grayish-white. The End."

I tried to look satisfying while my boss read the last chapter of my story, out loud.
"So..." I said to break the very awkward silence.
"Ms. Ongmonte, kamusta ka lately?" He asked looking straightly into my gray eyes. Of course, I know. It's one of the Montes-Clan trait. Grayish eyes, making you look blind, bold and fierce at the same time.
"Fine Mr. Romano. Why'd you ask?" I said out of curiosity. I mean it is very strange, your boss suddenly asking you how you've been in the past few days. I mean, he's my boss. Not my psychiatrist.
"I am extremely worried-no malice. Worried. You have been writing stories with sad endings. Is there something wrong Ms. Ongmonte?" He asked. Then, I felt this very uneasy feeling in my heart just like how I used to when my mom is pretty much unsatisfied. I wanted to cry, but of course. I wouldn't risk losing my dignity and everything right in front of my boss. "No, Mr. Romano. I just thought, having sad ending would make a story more interesting because it's extraordinary, having a sad ending. But then I guess, I'm wrong." I replied. Mr. Romano sighed heavily and sat straight. "Ms. Ongmonte, I am pretty much impressed of your plot. The only problem is your ending. You know, when I was your age,..." He stood up and faced his office windows where the whole city of Manila is seen. "I used to think the same." He added. "I used to think, that when I write, it should always be extraordinary. Because this extraordinary thing would make the story more interesting. And the very first thing that popped into my mind was sad endings. It rarely happens because, of course, who would want a sad ending? So, I wrote stories full of sadness, depression, suicidal." He scoffed. "But when years passed by, I knew I had to write, from here." He said pointing to his chest where the heart is. "You always need to write from the heart, from your very own experiences. Because, from there, you'll find an easier way to express what the main character feels. And that's what would make the story extraordinary. The story becomes extraordinary because it comes from the heart." He said and sat back down to his swivel chair. "I will give you all the time you need. Kahit mangilang taon, just to sum this up. You can do it at home." He said. "Now go, start with your story. Remember, it should always, come from the heart." He reminded.

I quickly stood up and exit his office. Now, what am I supposed to do?

Just as I was supposed to take a step, my phone tremendously rang alarming me that someone is actually calling. "Hello?" I answered. " Ate Dite? Ate Dite! bar tayo!" a female voice replied right away. " Who's this? "Sophia, is that you?" I guessed. Sophia is my friend. She called me "ate" because she's like four years younger. "Yes ate! The one and only. Haha! Anyways, bar?"

Damn! God is helping me figure out where to go. Thanks God! "Sure! What time and where?" I asked. " I'll pick you up nalang. Where are you ba?" She asked. "I'm here sa may Dela Costa." I said. "Okay. Be there in 10" She ended.

°°

True enough, Sophia meant what she said. Her classy black and all new 2016 Jaguar F-type rolled right in front of me exactly 10 minutes after her phone call. And now, we're currently in Manila's biggest bar, Bottler. "Ate Dite! Vodka!" Sophia drunkly suggest. "Sophia, you're drunk. You've drunk so much. You're killing your liver." I said. "Ateee! This is a party, not a daycareeee. Wooh! Party!" She said and stood up heading to the dance floor. Sighhhh. I never thought this kid was a party animal. "Miss, are you alone?" I heard a guy ask. Ugh. So that's how one night stands start. Guy asks girl if she's alone, girl says yes bitterly because she's broken hearted, then guy says he's in the same situation, and the events go on until they reach the bed and do the nasty. "Miss?" I looked up seeing the guy was referring to me. "Yes? Is there anything you need?" I successfully said while staring at his masterpiece like face. Damn, his jaw line is life. "Shush Dite! You're turning into a maniac!" I reminded myself. "Umm, nothing really. Can I sit here?" He asked. "Um.. I think you need to ask assistance from the reservation area." Of course, I mean you can't just let a stranger sit on your reserved seat. "What the fu- wait, what? You don't know me?" He asked. "Nope." I honestly said. "How come?" Then that hit my big damn shitty bitch mode: on button. I mean, I'm not a prototype slut who knows every good looking guy! "Because, you are not so important." I said with full confidence. But before I could add up another insult,

His lips crashed into mine.

◻️▪️◼️▫️◻️
A/N: So, my very first story. Soooo, to you who's reading this, Ilysm!
I am truly sorry if I have mistakes, grammatical errors, wrong use of punctuation marks and etc. ✌️😭
I'll update right away! Toodles!

-MIKHAAXX