You chuckle, "Not so much. It was more stressful. The Mistress is even worse than I imagined." you sigh shaking your head.

The blonde doesn't reply, only nodding before he drags you into the main town, where it's unusually quiet. (it was reasonable it was only 5 in the morning afterall. You'd spend the whole night traveling by wheels.) "Tell me about everything as we drink." he grins, entering the tavern where the bartender greets you like he'd been expecting you.

You greet him back before sitting on a stool next to Koshar, who's already pouring a drink for you. "Farang is still asleep. There was an ambush just a few hours back and he seemed tired after we dealt with it."

"I'm guessing you took care of the situation?" you raise an eyebrow, taking the shot from him and gulping it down.

"Of course! I am the Empress' brother. How could I be so weak and lose to a bunch of measly bandits?" he boasts, pumping his chest as huffs leave his nose.

You laugh, nodding along in agreement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Koshar kneel before Marquis Farang, who has his hands on his hips, glaring down at the both of you like an angry parent. You avert your gaze, smiling nervously as Koshar stares at the floor guiltily.

"I honestly can't believe the first thing you two do together after being apart for so long is get drunk and bother the whole tavern with your childish antics." He scolds, moving one hand to massage his temple, a clear headache visible on his face.

"In my defense, he lured me into it." you raise your hand, as if asking for permission to speak

"That doesn't excuse you jumping on a table and breaking it on half. I'm sure you were half sober by then" He scowls, red beams practically ready to flash out of his eyes and burn through you.

You shrink further into your place and turn towards Koshar who's...snoring.

Seems the hangover was too much for him to handle so he seemed to have chosen to sleep instead. He is truly a soul made of rocks and bravery.

"This bastard.." Farang sighs, deciding to temporarily ignore him. "Wake him up, we have some things to deal with near the southern entrance. Some scammers seem to be kicking up a fuss there." And with that, he leaves, very much still upset.

You chuckle and turn to Koshar, sending him a smack that sends him tumbling a few steps back. He flinches awake, seemingly unaffected by your actions. "We have to deal with some guys in a few. Get ready." you grin at him before standing up from your kneeling position.

He groans, "We'd be relaxing and doing nothing if it wasn't for those assholes." he half-complains, sluggishly standing and following after you.

Through his unclear and wavering vision, he stares at you, pushing the urge to hug you tightly away before he actually does. Although you had only been gone for a few weeks, he had more than missed you. He was sure the Marquis would leave him permanently for the Capital city when he didn't stop pestering Farang about sending letters to you. Out of the nth attempts of begging the brunette to deliver letter, only one attempt was successful.

You chuckle, feeling his arms-muscular to be noted-provide you warmth as he hugs you from behind. "Miss me this much? I've been gone for a few weeks. You're hugging me like I disappeared without a word for a year." You comment, bringing a hand to pat his forearm gently.

"Hurry up!" Farang calls, voice impatient and demanding.

"Yes!"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Ah, right. I forgot to tell you guys, the Prince of the Western Kingdom assigned me for a commission in his kingdom. You guys feel like coming along?" You flick the blood off of the blade you held before wiping it clean with a damp cloth.

"No."

"Don't see why not"

The two boys give opposite answers before they send each other looks. Marquis Farang is the first to give up, sighing as he gives you a forced nod, "I'll come along." The duke beside him gleams, comical sparkles around him makes his smile glow as the Marquis grumbles and looks away from the beam of light, a shadow casting over his angrily scrunched face.

"Great! We leave by afternoon." you give them an enthusiastic thumbs up, sheathing your dagger into the sheath attached by the side of your belt.

Marquis Farang almost faints, eyes widens as he stares at you with an opened mouth, "That early?!" he gasps out through a dramatically dried out voice. "How long are we gonna stay there?" he follows his question with another, watching as you nonchalantly yawn without a care in the world.

"Uh, depends on the population of the criminals. The princely Prince asked me to take care of 'em, but we'll just be handling the outskirts just like we do here."

Koshar pauses, "Wait, did the Prince ask you in front of guests or in private and in person?" he asks, eyes narrowing in suspicion (and perhaps jealous. He has heard of word about the Western Prince being a beauty.)

"He asked me in private by sneaking in through my room in the dead of the night." you deadpan, your words leaving Koshar's heart to tumble down, "And he did all that just to make sure Navier doesn't see him walking into my room so he doesn't start any unnecessary misunderstandings. I can't believe he's crushing on Navier." Your next words, however, leave him flying back into the light of hope.

"Wait, he has a crush on the Empress? Where'd that come from?" Farang perks up, whacking another bandit's neck before he could blink back into consciousness.

"I'm not sure either, but Navier seems to enjoy his company, so for now I'm letting whatever happens between them, happen. The only thing I'm concerned about is Sovieshu and His Mistress."

"well," you continue before a conversation about the whore starts, "Let's pack up for the trip. It's gonna be a long ride from here to the Western Kingdom."

———————————

not proof read. so please excuse any mistakes for now