lost but found [ xchild!reader ]

"mommy? mommy! where are you?!"

a little, nine year-old child yelled amidst the crowded room. some only passed by and ignored their cries while some could only watch them from a distance in both pity and concern.

still, they didn't make a move and just let them be on their own.

it was supposed to be a day filled with fun and joy, a day of meeting poppy and bron, catbee and boogie bot, a day with mister and miss huggy wuggy. that day being their birthday as it is meant to be spent with their mother, who went away as she told them she'll return, leaving them all by themselves.

it's been an hour since she left the room, which made the small child worry as they look around them, hoping to spot their mother's familiar figure.

and that poor and helpless nine year-old child being none other than you, (y/n).

where did she go? she said she'd only be gone in a few minutes and yet,
she still haven't returned

perhaps, she couldn't find her way back?

oh no, what if she's lost?

with those thoughts running inside your mind, you wiped your tears away that dares to come out from your eyes - again - as your little feet started to move around the factory.

mommy must be here somewhere!

she wouldn't take me out and forget about me, she will never do that!

that's right, your mother had taken you out for your birthday today, which is getting a tour inside today's world's famous toy factory that's just located in the same town that you were living in, the playtime co.

you have walked out of the crowded room where you can make a toy of your own. since that's the room you've been last taken to by your mom before she vanishes, you'd thought that maybe she's in the other rooms you've seen and walked past by during the tour.

with your tear stained cheeks and a red nose, your eyes frantically searched every person's face and clothing that would pass by you, and the more you saw that it's not your mother, the more that feeling of both panic and frustration continues to grown inside you.

this is getting weird . . .

why can't i find her?

as the time and each second that ticks by, you've stumbled upon a quiet and empty room.

there's no one here . . .

it's different than the others, except for it being as wide and large as well as the other rooms you've seen. the only difference is this one's clearly not for any tourist to see, for there are only shelves of boxes and large crates to be found. the only sounds to be heard are the distant chattering of the many tourist and excited screaming of children outside along with the moving gears of the conveyor belts above you.

you feel so small and so, so lost.

you feel like crying again, and so you did.