Chapter 35 - 𝑩𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒆𝒅 𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔

Start from the beginning

"You're right, it's not a good idea," He agreed. "It's a great one—so tell me his name." Kenma felt guilty for being so persistent with the topic, but this was the only way that he could guarantee results.

"I can't..."

"Can't or won't?" He challenged.

"I can't."

"Please tell me [Y/n]." He tried a softer approach. Kenma couldn't just sit there knowing all of this information and not do anything about it.

"No." [Y/n] spoke sternly to the man. "I'm sorry Kenma, but no."

Kenma stopped.

[Y/n] never says no. In fact, she usually just gives in after asking the second attempt of asking. So this was a first for him. It made the man truly realize the severity of the situation.

He couldn't keep asking now. She gave a definite answer, and it would be a shitty move on his part to not respect that. "Okay, I respect that. I'm sorry." Kenna apologized for ignoring the fact that you weren't fully comfortable with sharing that information yet.

"Yeah..it's okay."

The mood in the room was a bit intense after that so Kenma got up and gave you a smile, "Are you hungry? I'm hungry."

[Y/n] looked in her lap at the plate of food he gave her a few moments ago. "I just ate..."

"We should go out and get some air instead then. Is that okay?" He didn't want to keep you cooped up in the house all day. Even though it's what he did everyday. But this isn't about him.

"I'm not dressed properly, and Taiyo's coming back soon." You passed down the opportunity.

"You sure?" Kenma felt like he wasn't doing enough to accommodate you.

"I'm sure." You smiled.

"Well, would you like a hug?" He wasn't sure what else he could do.

[Y/n] gave him a funny look and Kenma spoke again, "No, not that kind of hug. A real one." There'd be no groping this time.

"Okay...sure." It was a weird offer but you didn't see the harm in it.

Kenma took you by the hand and pulled you upright so that you could be leveled with him. Once you were positioned correctly he took both his arms and wrapped them around you; this time not as aggressive. It was welcoming, and his embrace was comforting.

You took both your arms and wrapped them around his neck, not sure where else to put them. "Thank you..."

Kenma nodded a little. "Don't be so tense, you'll make it awkward.." he mumbled.

You weren't exactly sure how you were supposed to do that, but you nodded anyways.

A slight silence came over the room as the two stood there in each other's arms. It wasn't an unsettling silence or anything of the likes; there was simply just nothing that needed to be said, so no one broke it.

This went on for nearly a minute, which was quite a long time to be hugging somebody so Kenma decided to let go of you in fear of overwhelming you once more. But you on the other hand, refused to let go of him. Which left him confused.