[ 3 ] Tʜᴇ Fᴀʟʟ

Third-person POV

Third-person POV

Y/n woke up early, as she sees that Tae-Yeon was still asleep. As she ahead towards the training field.

"I see you're still a morning person." a voice called behind her, so she threw a shuriken at him, just for him to stick up a wooden sword.

"Good morning, Gramps. I see you still like to sneak up on people." They started to battle each other. Some of the villagers started to wake up from the sound of clashing. They weren't surprised that it was y/n and Mundok going at it.

"I see you're still that little girl I admire." As Mundok knocked y/n to the floor, ready to slash down on her, she swiped his legs and hovered her wooden sword at his neck.

"I'm sorry to disappoint but that little girl died long time ago. I came here to say my goodbyes.To you as a royal." Mundok looked confused as her eyes were as dull as when she first arrived to the castle. She walked into the house, gathering her belongings.

"What? Where are you going?" Mundok stood near the gate to stop her. They had a staring contest until someone came up to Mundok to inform him of what had happened at the castle.

"Prince-"

"We agreed you wouldn't address me as that when I come here." Watching as Mundok's facial expressions kept changing.

"I'm sorry to inform you, but the king is dead." Y/n didn't know whether to feel relieved or sadden by the news.

"They say that Hak killed him and Yona was kidnapped by him. You need to stay here until I hear more about what's happening over there." Mundok pulled her towards the house, but y/n firmly put her feet on the ground.

"No. I left the royal life behind and refuse to coward inside. I'm on my own mission." Y/n gave him the scroll and even Mundok couldn't believe what he read.

"That's why I'm leaving. Please don't get in my way, Son Mundok." Y/n grabbed the scroll and Clover. She headed towards the tribe's gate.

"Y/n. You should be careful there's word that a bandit attacks noble members and returns the taxes they collected to the citizens. They called her the Grip Reaper, with the way she slaughters her enemies."

"How do you know it's a woman?" Looking over her shoulder at Mundok who had a smirk on his face.

"Bc I'm looking straight at her. I know you'll make a great Queen one day."

"Let's hope that one day never comes." She rides off into the distance as Mundok ready himself for what's to come.

Hak POV

I can't believe he killed the King, and was going to kill Yona too. "Yona, I know you're tired but we need to keep moving or they'll catch up to us." Yona kept stopping but it makes sense as we didn't stop all night. I hope y/n is safe. Maybe she knew? No, she wou-

"Hak, look out." I looked up to see I almost slid off the cliff. "What were you thinking?"

"Sorry, Princess. I got lost in my train of thought. C'mon we're almost there." As we approached the stairs to the tribe. When we got to the top, I saw Tae-Woo and Han-Dee sleeping. "Wake up you lazy baffoons. Where's the old man?"

"Hey Hak, who's the pretty lady?" Han-Dee was leaning a little to close for my liking.

"She's a lady in waiting." I moved into the village and was soon bombard with questions of who Yona was and why we were there. Mundok came to told them to continue what they were doing.

I watched as Yona cried in Mundok's arms while he tried to soothe her pain. It hurts me to see this side of her. Tae-Yeon came out and took her in to eat and rest.

"I heard what happened and I don't believe a single thing." I just kept watching as Yona walked into the house.

"Soo-won killed the king and is gathering all the leaders to approve his coronation."

"Yes, I've been informed. You and Yona should stay here until it all blows over." Mundok walked away as I stood there wondering what I should do.

Time skip (Third-Person POV)

"The merchant have been attacked and the water supply has been cut off." Han-Dee came back, wounded head to toe.

"It's the fire clan. They are trying to pressure me to approve Soo-Won's coronation." Mundok looked puzzled on what to do until Yona came up to him.

"Approve it. I don't want to see more people get hurt." Mundok was about to respond but was cut off by scream.

"Mundok, it's Tae-Yeon. He's having an attack again." They rushed to his side as he struggled to breathe. "Get the medicine, y/n prepare for emergency." Tae-Woo received it and gave it to Tae-Yeon. He started to breathe regularly and his fever went down.

"When was y/n here?" Hak looked at Mundok as Mundok looked at Tae-Yeon.

"I didn't know y/n knew anything about medicine." Yona who was watching the whole scene play out.

"She used to get injured a lot and I heard that she was poisoned a couple of times. She sort of had to pick up medicine or she'll be dead by now." Tae-woo explained while he wrapped a towel around Tae-yeon's head. Everyone else left the room to go help the injured merchant.

"She was here a day ago. She informed me that she is leaving the royal life behind her. You should get some sleep, Princess. We got it from here."

Both of the men left the room, as Yona went to her room. When they got to Mundok's office, he pulled out a bottle. "Y/n is on a mission, and we all know that she'll succeed in any way possible. Anyways, have a drink with your grandpa." Pouring into two cups till Hak spoke up.

"Take care of Yona for me, and keep her out of sight. And, accept Soo-Won as king. I'll take attention away from here so this tribe can live a peaceful life."

"I'm sorry but I can't do, unless it came from the general of the Wind Tribe."

"As my last order as General, keep Yona safe in this village." Hak finished the cup and walked out, leaving tears in Mundok's eyes.

When Hak was finished collecting weapons and paying off his debt, he headed down the stairs.

"Hak, take me with you." Turning to come face with Yona. "I'm sorry Yona, but I don't work for you anymore."

"Fine. Then I'm just leaving too."

"You can't Princess. It's dangerous out there and there's no guarantee I'm going to save you." After a few more persuading, Hak agreed to let Yona join him.

They were off to see an Oracle in the middle of no where. I'm coming for you, y/n.

Somewhere along the road, Y/n sneezed thinking she was catching a cold.

———————————————————————————
I hope you have an amazing Turkey day/Holiday. <3