CHAPER DOS

A/N: YOU GUYS R SO FABULOUS! Now wait for the next cliff hanger >:)

Maddie's POV

Today was a huge day. So first, I get to know my neighbors COUSINS feelings, then, I bump into Luke, then he meets weird friends, and again, I bump into him. What is life?

"Uh, I'm sorry." He managed to get up.

"It's alright." I looked away.

"Was it?" He murmured.

"What?" I looked back at him.

"Nothing. Bye."

But before he left, my mom was already here. My dad and mom seemed to fight a lot, so that's why I was always stressed out.

"Hi swee- Luke? What are you doing here?" My mother asked.

"Oh I dropped James off about an hour or so ago. and oh, these are my friends, they wanted to see your house." He said.

"Aww, well thank you so much for coming boys. I hope you liked the house! Come again!"

"Bye!"

Well, that was strange. I got into bed, then fell asleep.

♡♡♡

"Get up fatass!" I heard my sister yell.

"Mmm. What is it?" I groaned.

"It's almost six-fifteen."

"Okaaayyyy." I jumped out of bed, walking into the shower. Got ready, put on a sweatshirt and sweatpants.

"Looking ugly as always." My sister commented.

"Shut up Olivia." I told her, slipping on my crop top and shorts, then putting on my converses.

"Don't forget your back pack." She handed my back pack to me.

"Thanks, whatever." I walked out the door, seeing Luke walk out at the same time.

"Hey, is James coming to my house after school today?" I walked up to his car, where he was in the front seat.

"No." This dude was so plain.

"Okay." I said, walking back to my car.

I started the engine, then backed out of the parking lot. I finally got to school, getting out of the car.

I was practically a nerd. No one liked me. I mean, I was smart, the fact I got a D on my English test was really surprising. So worrying about that, everyone at school would look at me strangely. I mean, not that I cared. I had one best friend- Alyssa. We shared everything together. She was my life. It was mostly because no one really cared about us, but I mean, what could I do.

"Hey Ally." I walked up to her.

"Hey Maddie, what's up?" She asked me, scrolling through Instagram on her phone.

She had Instagram, but I didn't. Sometimes she'd force me to make one, but no, I don't want to be like other people.

"Nothing, I just can't believe I got a D. This isn't supposed to happen. You know, I really need to study harder." I said, worried, Ally laughing.

"Chill, you really take school on your mind. You should take a rest from studying, you know, I think she probably mixed up your test with the other Maddie." She told me.

"You know what, I think your right. I'll talk to her about it, since I do have English as my first class."

The bell rang, and I went to my locker.

"Hey nerd, how's life?" Jason, the school jock asked. I hate my school.

"Go away."

"Whatever you say." He walked away, with a bunch of people laughing.

I scoffed, then went to my class. I asked the teacher if she was sure I got a D on my test.

"Hmm..."

"Did I?"

"No! That was Maddison Walter, I'm so sorry." I sighed in relief.

"That's alright." Dammit, I would say her name but I forgot.

I went to the other Maddie and switched my test with her. Then, I went on like a nerd all day. I basically do nothing. I look like the out person. I'm noticeable. Why? I don't know. I just wish people would move on with their lives.

The day went on, and it was time to go. So, I went to my locker, got my stuff and left. I walked into my house, and saw Luke's family was over. I was confused.

"Where's dad?" I asked my mom.

"Sweetie..." My mom said, stretching the 'e' part out.

"Mom?" I did the same with the 'm'.

"He got into a car accident. He died right away. We were too late." As soon she said the words, I started tearing up.

"No..." I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. My dad did everything for me. He was the one who put a roof over our heads.

I sobbed. I don't think I have ever sobbed this much in my life. And there was no one to comfort me.
~~~
A year has past since my fathers death. I'm seventeen, and my whole life has just been...miserable.

I have to go to school. Again. Dragging myself to school every day has made me drop down to B's, and no one can blame me. Luke still hasn't talked to me, ever since...last year. James hasn't even came. I hate my life.

My mom has been sick. Sometimes her blood pressure would be really high, and sometimes low. I'm really scared about her, I take her to the doctors office often.

Today, my mom asked me to sit down with her after school. She needed to 'talk' to me, I was concerned because the last time she said that was when she was expecting another child, but had a miss carriage instead. Oh no, she better not be expecting...

I got to school and opened my locker. When I shut it, I saw Luke staring at me.

"Umm, yes?" I asked.

"Huh?" He caught back to his senses.

"Ugh" I scoffed, closed my locker and left.

The whole day went by, and I finally got back home.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?" My mother asked, taking out some milk for herself.

"It was okay mom. You?" I told her, putting my backpack down.

"Oh yes, sweetie, come here."

"What's wrong, mom?" I asked her, scared.

"Honey, I have c-cancer."