Le beginning or Chaper uno

A/N: so y'all should know I'm still not that good at writing. I know that they seem a little bit young for dis XD but there was this one show and it really influenced me. Hope you like it-love you fabulous's.

Maddie's POV

I walked around, wandering what to do. I can't believe I got a D on my English test. Mom would be so frustrated. I picked up the phone and called Kenzie.

"Yeah, but, no! That's not what- just listen to me! Stop bragging about what you got and help me!" I yelled through the phone, then realizing someone was fiddling with my lock. Oh, it was probably James. My next door neighbors cousin.

"Hi Maddie!" He squealed.

"Hi James, will you please go out for a minute, I'm trying to talk to a friend right now." I motioned him out.

"Yeah, so where were we? Oh yeah-" then I flipped, and walked right into someone.

Oh shit. Why was it Luke.

"Oh damn, I'm sorry." I got off of him as quick as possible, blushing. "yeah um, hey, Ken I got to call you back later, code zebra."

Yes, code zebra is the code of when someone cute is near you and you can't really say there name.

"Sorry. Is everything okay?" I asked Luke, he didn't really talk a lot, but when he did we had the best conversations. We were best friends in our childhood, but when we grew up he decided to hate me or something.

"Oh, um, I was wondering if you could take care of James, I had to go somewhere." He told me. Not even looking straight in the eye. What is wrong with this boy.

"Luke, one, sure. But two, why are you always going somewhere? I mean, didn't you go somewhere-" he cut me off, as I talked.

"I'm sorry, I have to go. Take care of him." He said. Well of course I'm going to take care of him, what was he thinking of me?

"Okay." I crossed my arms, turning around. When he left, a tear drop came out of my eyes.

All I wanted to do right now is cry. Why would he even act like that towards me, I was his best friend in elementary school, and middle. Everything changed in freshman year, he started going out with Kayla. She and him 'loved' each other. It wasn't even real love, they would make out every time I was with him, or I was around. She probably told him something about me, well, I don't even give a shit anymore.

"Hey James! Come here!" I swigged my hands towards him again.

"Maddie, why are you so nice?" He gave me a big hug.

"What do you mean, James?" I asked him, curious.

"Well, I know that they are nice to me, but Luke always takes care of me. And I don't even know why my mom always drops me off at his house. I feel alone."

Aww, poor six year old is getting influenced by such a terrible, neglecting family.

"Your not alone. You have me!" I told him.

In those 45 minutes that me and James plays games in, ate food, read books, it was time for him to sleep. I put him in my bed, and started to scroll through Instagram, when my bell rang. I went to the front door, and opened it.

"Hi." Luke said, with like, three other guys behind him.

"James is in my room" I looked up at him, then back to my phone. "You can go-"

"I'll get James when I leave. Can I come in?"

"Yeah, but my mom will be home soon. Be quick."

"Um, guys, this is Maddie. My next door neighbor. I'm going to go use the bathroom real quick."

"Hi, and you guys are? sorry if that sounded rude."

"Nah, I'm Calum." Was he Asian? I don't want to ask, that would be rude.

"I'm Ashton. Nice to meet yah." He waved.

"The names Michael." The other guy said.

"Cool names. You guys can sit down." Calum sat next to me.

"Uh, Calum, if I remember clearly, I was sitting there." Luke came downstairs, and suddenly we all looked at him. The boys, smirked at him.

"Righhhhttttttt" Calum moved, then whispered something into his ears.

My expressions changed from blank to confused.

"Well, Luke, can you take James home? I'm tired. I want to sleep."

"Yeah, sure." He said, as we both walked up the stairs.

"Hey, Cal, can you hold James?"

"Sure." He picked him up slowly, then waited for Luke.

"Thanks, Maddie. He really likes you." Luke leaned from the doorway.

"I kno-" dammit. Why does someone always want to cut me off? Well, Calum, Michael, and Ashton pushed Luke on top of me, then locked the door from outside. Shit.

"Um...this is awkward." I muttered out.

"Yeah.." This time, after 3 years, he actually looked me in the eye. He looked at me. His beautiful blue eyes, starred into my light ugly green ones.

We stayed in this position for what seemed like, 17 years. But in reality, it was probably 3 minutes, until Luke smiled.

God, today is one heck of a day for me.