Chapter 6 || The Hogwarts Express

Eleanor danced around her temporary room. Today was the day, today was the day she got to start over and go to Hogwarts. She got dressed in her nicest clothes and headed downstairs to the bar where Tom served her bacon and eggs. Eleanor reached into her jean pocket to pull out some galleons.
"No, no. You don't have to pay. It's the least I could do, to take care of you. You needed someplace to stay." He said, she tried to hand him the money but he wouldn't except it.
So she finished her food and when Tom was busy with another customer, she stuck the money under the counter.
She went upstairs to finish getting ready and then dragged her trunk back down the stairs. She sat next to the fire, waiting for Hagrid. She looked into the fire, what would it be like? What was it like? She thought to herself.
"Eleanor!" She heard and turned around,
"Hagrid!" She got up and hugged him, he wasn't able to come the past to days because he had work to do.
"Ready ter come ter school?" He asked
"Most definitely!" She exclaimed
***
"And here's yer ticket." Hagrid said, "I'll see ye at Hogwarts." Eleanor looked down at the ticket,
"But Hagrid, it says here Platform 9 3/4
but there is no Platform 9 3/4." There was no response. She looked up and he was gone.
"H-Hagrid?" She called, guess she was doing this on her own. She found a guard. But he was no use, he didn't know what Hogwarts was, he didn't know what platform 9 3/4 was. He had even yelled at her to leave, saying that every year, kids think it s funny to play jokes on the guards. He was, as she guessed, a muggle.
She turned around, frustrated and annoyed. It was almost time for the train to leave.
"Excuse me dear, are you looking for platform 9 3/4?" A sweet voice asked, she turned around. There stood a sweet looking old lady and what looked like her grandson. He looked about her age, eleven.
"Y-yes." Eleanor said.
"Well, you can follow us then, that lad giving you a bad time." she exclaimed.
She then turned and walked towards the wall that seperated platforms 9 and 10. She stopped, looked at Eleanor, and walked through the wall. Not around, not at, through. Eleanor was confused, through? She looked at the boy,
"Hello, i'm Eleanor." she said reaching out tp shake his hand.
"I-i'm N-Neville L-Long-." He stuttered,
"Hello Neville, shall we?" She hesitated, pointing towards the wall. He nodded. They walked towards it, trolleys I front of them. They looked at each other, nodded, and ran for the wall.
Eleanor wasn't sure what to expect, would it hurt? She close her eyes, expecting pain. It didn't come, instead, when she opened her eyes, there were kids and parents all over. Trolleys brewing pushed towards a compartment at the end of the train.
But the part that got Eleanor was the train itself. It was a huge, red steam train. It was so long, Eleanor wondered how many kids actually went to Hogwarts.
"We better get going." Neville said, finally warming up to Eleanor. So they handed over their trolleys and found a compartment.
***
"Anything from the trolley dears?" Said a sweet voice. Eleanor and Neville had been making small talk with another first year, Hermione. Hermione even had to ask around for Neville's toad, Trevor.
Eleanor turned to look at the door to their compartment, and their stood a nice-looking old lady with a cart full of magical sweets.
"Oh, uh, I don't have any money..." Neville and Hermione said in unison.
"I-I do..." Eleanor stuttered.
"How?" Hermione asked, "I thought you were Muggle-born. Like me."
Oh no. Eleanorthought. What would she say now?
"Uh, uh, I ex-exchanged my muggle m-money f-for the-these." she said, pulling some money out.
"We'll take everything." Eleanor stated.
Neville and Hermione stood, mouths hanging open.
"My, another compartment to take the the whole cart. Never even had one." she mumbled, pulling things off the trolley.
"Here, let me help you." Eleanor said, coming out of her confused daze.
***
"We're here!" Hermione shouted, waking Eleanor from her slumber. Eleanor looked out the window and saw a beautiful castle.
It's amazing Eleanor thought.