Chapter 32 : Delinquency

Start from the beginning

"You mean Finn, right?" Jean asked.

"Yeah." Eren replied.

Heaving a sigh, Jean took a glance at the male in question who had his back turned to them.

Ryder, just what in the world are you trying to prove?

...

"The ball, Eld!!"

He threw the ball far into the net and Gunther caught it in the air. Coming down, he went face to face with Reinee who spread out his arms like a wall before him.

Here goes nothing!

He turned around, crossing over to his left hand from between his legs, took a step back, followed it immediately with a fake to the right, crossed the ball to his right hand, and broke past Reiner.

Reiner was quick on his feet and immediately maneuvered around, stretching his fingers to tap the ball out of Gunther's possession.

It was close, but another hand reached out besides Reiner's.

What the hell?!!

In a flash, the ball had left Gunther's possession. Reiner was dazed. What in the world just happened?!

Both he and Gunther turned back, and there the ball was, in Finn's hands.

Moblit came up to stop him from moving, but the boy was way quicker than him, even with the Mock Zone.

"Move aside, extra."

One, two, three. In less than three seconds, Finn had gotten past Moblit, leaving the older man sitting on his butt on the floor.

The deal was real. All reservations and defences were dropped, and the senior team went on full offence. No regard was given to the other members of Trost. Stopping Finn Ryder became their first and foremost goal.

Farlan tried to intercept him, but as fast as lightning he did a crossover to his left hand from behind and back between his legs to his right. The speed and momentum caught Farlan offguard and he too was left dazed at the ridiculous power of the play.

The final stand, was a double-team. Oluo and Eld ganged up on him, in an attempt to stop him from reaching the net.

His eyes shone with flashes of black lightning, already striking fear and uncertainty into their hearts.

"Useless."

Finn stopped abruptly, gracing them with a lazy smile, before blitzing through them like a lightning bolt. The force was already powerful enough, but to add to the humiliation, he stopped midway, took a glance at both of them on the floor, and continued on his way.

He was fast, so fast no brake could be pulled. He leapt into the air, and with his right hand, dunked the ball so hard into the net the rim shattered.

The buzzer rang.

Game set and done.

"Damn. Can't believe time's up." A grimace worked itself on his lips as he held up the rim in his right hand. His left eye twitched slightly as he gripped the rim tightly.

Bullshit!

He looked behind him and he was met with the sight of everyone looking at him... with eyes that reminded him of the past.

"He's... He's a monster!

There's no way we can win against you! This is ridiculous!

No person should be this strong! It's unfair! It's so unfair! We're human too, why should only he have it all?!!"

With his bangs over his eyes and veins popping out of his neck, he clenched his teeth in anger, gritting it frustratingly.