2 | True Colours

Taehyung is speechless, his mouth hanging open, so the red-head continues,

    'Look, I know you don't know me, but you always smiled and seemed kind. I can't get into my flat, the lock won't work. I had to sleep rough last night and I'm frozen through. Is there any chance I could just come in and warm up a bit. I brought my own soup.'

He holds the can of soup up as if to emphasise the point. Taehyung is still frozen on the spot.

    'Umm, hello, please say something.' the red-head says.

Taehyung tries to gather himself.

    'I'm sorry...you don't know me...I shouldn't have asked. It's just you seemed friendly and I don't know anyone here. I'll go...'

He turns to leave. He looks so pitiful. Taehyung is battling inside himself, finally he makes a decision.

    'No...wait...come in, please.'

The red-head sighs a huge sigh of relief and steps inside.

    'Thank you so much, I really don't know where I would have gone.'

Taehyung leads the way to the kitchen and gestures for the red-head to take a seat at the kitchen table.

    'Ah, so this is what the window looks like from the other side, you sit here a lot,' the red-head comments, '

    'Ah, so this is what the window looks like from the other side, you sit here a lot,' the red-head comments, '... My name's Jungkook by the way, or Kook if you prefer.'

He holds out his hand to shake Taehyung's. Taehyung reluctantly takes it and says,

    'I'm Taehyung, Kim Taehyung.'

    ' "Taehyung", what a lovely name, it suits you,' he smiles his warm smile at Taehyung, who just nods and says,

    'Thanks... I'll warm that soup for you, shall I?'

    'Oh, yes, please, if you don't mind.'

He hands the can over and Taehyung puts the contents in a saucepan and starts to warm it.

    'I don't know what happened with my flat, I came back late last night and when I tried to open the door it wouldn't work.'

Taehyung knows exactly why it wouldn't work.

    'I don't have much money anyway, but most of it's inside the flat. I didn't even have enough to buy petrol to get me anywhere that I know people, so I just hunkered down in the doorway until this morning.'

Taehyung is feeling slightly guilty now. He stirs the soup.

    'I don't know what I'm going to do, there must have been some misunderstanding with the agents, but I can't get in touch until Monday now.'

    No, no misunderstanding, thinks Taehyung.

    'I hope no-one's said anything to the agents, people are always jumping to conclusions about me, just because of how I look.'