Zero Motivation

Začít od začátku

"Go for it, Shikamaru. Use an awesome technique on him, and take that bastard down!" Ino cheered. "Yo, this seat taken?" Someone ask as Ino turned around. It was Choji as he is eating a bag of chips. "I thought you were in the hospital. Your stomach's okay now?" Ino questioned. "Mm-hm." Choji answered.

He brought a bag out. Inside the bag holds multiple kinds of chips. He sat down next to Ino as he watches the match. "What's up? I thought Y/n's match was supposed to be next." Choji ask. 

"Unh! Shh." Ino quickly turn to shush Choji. Choji was confuse until the two male turn and see Sakura looking gloomy. Ino quickly turn as he was smiling. "Oh, I'm sure Y/n's fine. He'll be here any minute now." Ino said.

'Man, you'd think her puppy died or something.' Ino said in thought. Choji was confuse as seeing Sakura's expression confused him. 'I thought Sakura doesn't like Y/n? Why is she acting like this?' 

Choji shook his head as he focus on the match. "Hm, never expected to see Shikamaru in the final." Choji stated. "What do you mean? Come on." Ino turned as he was confuse, "Shikamaru may not have as much fighting spirit as some other people. And okay, his techniques it pretty lousy, but he's strong at strategy." Ino stated as he turn to where Shikamaru is hiding. "So strong, in fact, that without him, we might not have gotten through the preliminary round."

"Huh? Maybe." Choji acknowledge as he finishes his bag. "What's more, you should have seen how he threw himself into the arena." Ino said as Choji popped his chip bag. 

"I'm telling you, Choji, he seems unusually aggressive. I think he's going to show us his passionate side today." Ino think with glee. "Yeah, go Shikamaru!" Ino cheered.

'Ah, sometimes I wish I was a cloud just floating along, going wherever the breeze takes me. That's my style.'

Shikamaru look so down as he was watching the clouds floating in the air. 'I'm just not into putting effort in this stuff. The only reason I became a Ninja was so I could do whatever I wanted.' Shikamaru stated his reason. 'Geez, who knew it would be so much work?' Shikamaru sighs.

Shikamaru look as he see the hole where Temari hit with his fan. Mean while Naruto had his eyes close as he was yelling. "Get your butt in gear! Let's go, Shikamaru!" Naruto yells.

Shikamaru grunts as he stands up. 'Oh well, heh, a guy's gotta do what a guy's gotta do.' Shikamaru smirk.

'What's he thinking behind that stupid grin? Is he mocking me?' Temari thought.

"Ninja Art, Wind Scythe Jutsu!" Temari wave his fan as he releases powerful wind. "Aah." Shikamaru grunt as he tries to hold himself. The wind was cutting the trees as it was also blowing towards the audience.

'I remember, this is how he beat me in our fights.' Tenten remember as she was guarding herself from the wind. 'Nothing I threw at him could get past it.'

The dust was in the air as Temari was looking for Shikamaru. However he caught something as he gasps. A shadow was charging at Temari. Temari back flips away but he notice that the shadow was getting closer. He takes a few steps back as the shadow couldn't go any further.

When the shadow retreated Temari made a line to where the shadow reached. "Now I get it." Temari figure it out. The dust cleared as Shikamaru was in his Shadow Possession Jutsu stance.

"Almost got me. Aren't you clever with that Shadow Possession Jutsu of yours, you can manipulate any shadow you're in." Temari taunted. "The Wall Shadow for instance. But there's a limit, isn't there? No matter how thin you stretch it, it will only reached so far. Am I right?" Shikamaru was breathing hard as he gave a nervous smile, "Heh. You got me."