Chapter 32 | Flustered

A satisfactory sigh escapes my lips when I stretch my tighten muscle after having a very good sleep. I rub my eyes to sit up when I realise I am sleeping alone and that Kinza is already awake which must be the first time it is happening after our marriage.

Cause it's always me who wakes up first.

I ruffle my messed up hair before dragging my body towards the washroom. My every muscle in me is yelling at me to go take a bath but I don't have any new clothes to wear and I will feel disgusted if I wear these again.

And just when I was about to ignore the bathing part I see a neatly pressed white cloth on the chair with a towel beside it. I rub my face before opening the clothes on to find a very comfortable hoodie and a sweet pant. A smile forms on my lips when I understand it is for me.

"God this looks brand new" I try to find the tag but they were smart enough to remove when the brand name falls infront of my eye a sigh escapes my lips. Did they really waste 1000 dollars at these, there are many cheap clothes out there but as if their son in law is a roaming model who cares about his clothes and only clothes they have spend time choosing a perfect outfit.

With a sigh but a smile I enter the washroom and when I find a new brush I quickly brush my teeth before taking a quick bath and getting ready.

20 minutes later

I rub my hand in this comfortable smooth cloth nervously before making my way towards the living room where kinza's loud laughter can be heard.

I look at my wrist to see it's already 8 in the morning and this girl is easily skipping her college on a Monday morning.

Kinza's father grin widens when he finds me standing their awkwardly. "Son! Come sit here" I feel like I am disturbing their small family time since everybody has a grin except Zaina who is silently sipping her drink.

When Kinza's mom stands and moves to go sit beside Zaina, I take a seat beside Kinza who give me a sweet smile.

"Tea?" She asks me but I shake my head because it's already past six and I am not in a mood to have tea now.

"Did you sleep well son?" I lick my lip but nod not feeling comfortable under everyone's gaze. Kinza giggles quietly noticing my nervousness.

"I already informed my friend that I am not coming to college today" she grins feeling proud of herself and I playfully glare at her "I am sure you did" she nods her head multiple times.

"I am a disciplined student I do everything punctually" she grins at her own lies knowing how much of a lie her sentence contains and "yeah a very punctual student"

"Hey don't mock at me, I had a test today but I was forced to take a leave because you slept longer than you always do it's not my fault! I hate to wake people up when they are sleeping peacefully. I know the pain so I don't do that" she gives me some new information about her test and I am glaring at her audacity to blame me.

"Thankyou" she rolls her eyes and slaps my thigh and soon a warning voice comes from the otherside "Kinza" her mother glares at her telling her with her eyes don't you dare lay a finger on your husband disrespectfully or I chop that finger off.

The angry bird beside me mumbles something under her breathe before turning her face to the other side telling me she is upset.

Before I could console her my phone rings in my pocket. I quickly pull out but see Ammi's name popping out "Assalamu alaikum" she greets in a playful manner as soon as I press my phone against my ear.

"Walaikum asalam" I rub my finger against the soft material I am wearing. "Is kinza with you?" She questions me "yes?" I wait for her to say something but she asks me to give her the phone.