Life After Winter; The Artist Within

The snow was finally over, dried and gone as the sun shone on the new spring gardens that spread across Yosen high school. I sit in my art club classroom as the sun begins to shine through the windows. I squint my eyes and i stand up and walk over to the teacher's desk. The art teacher is in his 20's, he's attractive with his piercing blue eyes, spider bite piercing which he only wears on casual teacher days and tattoos, which he covers up under his uniform. I pick up a sketchbook and look at him.

"What do you need Aria?" He says it softly, he's finishing up a painting which is of the basketball team, there's a picture of us in Basketball Monthly, his painting is flawless and perfect. But every artist has their flaws, and his, is that he can't depict color too well (in other words, he's color blind). But that's what makes him unquie as an artist.

'Um i was wondering if i could paint a mural in the gym. For the basketball team..." I say it slowly, it sounds almost that its not me. Its weird to sound so confedient in my words because i'm usually so quiet.

"I'll have to talk to the principal for that but i'll what i can do." He looks up at me, his blue eyes still piercing but gorgeous. "You are a great inapiration to the basketball team, and to this club."

I nod down him and walk away with the sketchbook that i picked up. I'm thinking about making a beautiful mural, with the team now, their numbers and names under the numbers, their postition and what they have done for this school and for the team. It'll represent the war that the fought to be crowned something in the basketball community. I will be the one to make it.

**gym**

I stand in the gym on the baksetball court with my eyes staring at a blank wall, my canvas no doubt. I stare at it long and hard to see if i truly wanted to make this mural about just the basketball team. But this was where i knew i wanted it too be. Muraskibara, Himuro, Kenichi, Lui, Fuiki, i wanted them to know that i truly care about them and for this school. So it will only be about the baskteball team and no one else. Wow that sounds so rude and not even school spirit. Eh who cares about the rest of the school, i only like the basketball team.

I touch the wall for a minute and i feel a hand on my head. Its large and tough but i know that it isn't Muraskaibara's hand.

"What is it Kenichi?" I ask and then turn around. But it isn't only Kenichi that's here. Its Fuiki, Himuro, Lui and Murasakibara with Kenichi and they all wear the same smile of happiness. "What's going on?" I aask them. Their smile begin to creep me out, but it then makes me smile with them.

"The principal called us up to the office. At first we thought Murasakibara and Himuro got into another fight." Kenichi starts.

"But it wasn't that." Lui pipes in with his soft voice and happy smile.

"Then we thought that Kenichi was harrassing another girl." Fuiki says with a laugh. Kenichi turns to him with a flushed face.

"I do not harrass girls!" He says with a hissed voice.

"Anyway..." Himuro then begins with a smile. "The principal told us that you were wanting to make a mural for the basketball team." Himuro stops and the boys all put on their happy smiles again. I look at them confused and raise an eyebrow.

"And? What did the principal say?" I ask them, my eyes wide.

Murasakibara stepped forward and touched the wall where my hand was but just way higher than mine, his hand is above my head.

"He said, along with the help of the basketball team, that you can do the mural." Murasakibara said it happily and spunky. His smile is wide like the rest of the boys and i can't help but smile wide with them.