"Looking for Violet? She is cooking special lunch for you. She didn't want anyone to help her. I tried but she said she wanted to do this for you." But she is pregnant and the last time it ended up in complications.

"You didn't answer me, why are you here Rosa? How did you know where I was?" She smiled. "You are Ezra's brother and he always keeps tabs on you. But this time your mother called. Also, she invited us for a ball. That is what she had told Ezra. That is how I am here. And as for this room, Violet ordered me not to let you get up when I hear she is working. Because you will not allow that." Yes, she can order me to do that, but to seek Rosa's help? I hope Violet is feeling alright.

"Violet is alright, you need not get stressed over her. She will be here any minute now." As if on the cue Violet walked in and a servant was pushing a car with a try behind her. She came towards me and kissed me softly. I kissed her back. 

"How am I getting a sweet treat before the meal?" I asked. "It is a special gift so that you recover faster now, I have made something for you. Your mother helped me. She told me you love it since you came to live with them you always had loved this treat." She uncovered the plate.

Then she helped me up. She placed the pillows to support my back. "You are comfortable right?" touched her cheek. "Yes, how can I not be alright, I have you with me," I told her. She moved away leaving me cold and wanting more of her. "I have made you some clam chowder, your father, Ezra and Samuel caught them fresh." I cannot see Ezra catch anything in his life. 

I mean, he and fishing? The place where he has to sit idly and have patience? That is not his cup of tea." She laughed at that. "Come on, I will help you eat, and then..." I pulled her closer. "Then I will fulfill your wish, my love."

"You are injured still Luci, you must not strain yourself." I touched her face. "I am good, I am on this bed for two weeks now. I can take you baby if you let me." I told her. Then I kissed her finger over her ring. "Violet, can I ask you something?" I asked her. "Say?" She placed her hand over the spoon. "Will you marry me?" She looked at me shocked. 

"We are married." She told me. "I know but that was then, but we never took the vows. We never had any ceremony. I wish to give you your dream wedding. That was one of the reasons I brought you here." I told her.

"Luci, it really doesn't matter, I am married to you. You are my husband and my lover. I need not have a ceremony to prove it to anyone." I touched her hair. Slowly I tuck them behind her ear. "It is not about proving anything Violet. It is about memory, about having something to remember as we grow older. In the past couple of months, I have had many, close calls. And that made me realize how utterly unstable and unpredictable life can be. I wish to do everything with you in this lifetime. I don't know how short it comes to be. I wish to give you happy memories of me. And have some happy memories of you to take with me." Her eyes filled with unshed tears.

"Don't say that, say we will talk about this, and smile when we grow old. That is why you wish to have this memory. Say we will show these to our grandkids and say how happy we had been that day." I wiped her tears. "Yes, that too. My sweet Querida, can you forgive me?" I asked her. "For making you cry like this? I never had the intention to make you cry." I placed my hand on hers kissing it. 

"No one is dying here, I need my husband with me. My princess needs her father to spoil her. My sons need their father to be there and guide them to a good life. I cannot raise them alone, and I cannot certainly spend a life without him. Call me selfish, but I rather add my own years to yours just to see you next to me."

She fed me slowly. Then wiped my lips. "Now, I am warm, fed, and well-rested. Now I want some company of my lovely wife and some time with my princess." I touched her swollen abdomen. She sat down beside me. "What are we going to name her? Have you thought about it?" She asked me. "No, I think you should name her. Something like yours. We should look for baby names. But we can do that after we get married." She smiled at that.

"Alright, you win. We shall have a ceremony." That is what I wanted to hear. "Alright then, I think it is good all our family is here, we just need to invite my foster parents and your sister and Damien. But first, we need to get you a dress, the most beautiful dress this place can offer." "Maybe I can help you with that." Both of us looked at the owner of the voice. It was my adoptive mother. "Mom, when did you get in?" I asked her. 

"They let me come early as the operation that I was supposed to do was canceled. Then I come here in order to check you up and heard that you wanted a ceremony." I didn't expect her to participate so actively in that. Not being happy about it losing a son like that. That too was the one she can call her own.

She came closer and placed a kiss on my forehead. "Feeling better Lucian?" She asked taking her things out and starting to check me up. "your stitches are healing very nicely. No need to redress them today." She put away the bag and asked "So when you are planning the wedding?" She seems to be interested. 

"I don't know, maybe in two weeks? I mean I need to get a medical certificate to walk down that aisle." My mother laughed at that. "Oh Luci, you do not need a fit certificate for that. I know what you need that for. It is what comes after you down the aisle." Violet blushed at that comment.

"So, I will call everyone and we will plan it together. I will let your father know that you finally agree to go through a proper marriage ceremony. And you should talk to Beatrice, she is very angry with you. But she will love to hear that you are finally agreeing to have something like this. It will be a traditional Greek wedding." And she started to tell me about her plans. 

"Mother, why don't we all decide together?" I suggested. "Sure. I don't mind a bit. And, I will keep your wish. I will get her the most beautiful wedding gown anyone has ever seen in the family." I told Violet if she can bring Luke in and Chris too. She left after she kissed my cheek.

"Mom, I am sorry about Peter. I never wanted this to happen. If you want to I can take away this case and..." "No Lucian, I could have lost you. For what? His jealousy? Peter should have been the big brother to you. Instead, he saw you as competition. You even left this place so that he could live in peace and for what?" She asked.

 "But..." "No, if he had been your brother he wouldn't have mortally injured you." She touched my face lovingly. "sometimes, you cannot keep everyone happy Son. The trial will proceed as promised. He is my son that is true. I birthed him. But that doesn't give him the right to kill my other child whom I love so very much. That one thing will never change Luci. I will forever be your mother even if I didn't birth you, even if you do not share my blood. You are my son. You will always be my son."

She kissed on top of my head "Now, get some sleep. When you wake up, we will discuss this wedding." "Ma" I called and she stopped and turned around. "I love you, even if you are not my biological mother. I don't think she could have loved me as much as you do." A smile graced her face. "I love you too son, I always have and I always will." With that said she slowly walked away from the room and left behind a content smile on my face.  

Word Count: 2300 Words