Voldemort wanted me and only me. The only reason attacked Hogwarts was because of me.

"So... He gave you some stars?"

She nodded again. "You should get going now. It's Saturday, go enjoy the sunshine."

I hummed. "Only if Draco is too."

***

I dragged my feet through the halls with gloom. Sour stomach, wretched nerves, the inability to think of anything else but wing tipped shoes on cold tile.

Why do people feel this awful? Is this what's it's worth to make everything that isn't miserable seem okay? I couldn't remember the last time that I didn't have this sinking pit in my gut.

I just wanted to find Draco, make him go to sleep and be done with his mess.

This isn't me, this isn't what I'm meant to do. I don't know exactly what it is that I want from life, but it's not being a hero.

Was that selfish? If I wouldn't help him, who would? He was a Death Eater, he tortured people, he came so close to killing Katie Bell and Ron. It still made me sick to think about what would have happened if he had killed Ron.

I was so tired. Nightmares plagued me both awake and asleep. I was falling behind in classes, Hermione was getting real snotty about that.

"But, Harry! The whole reason why we came back is to pass," she said to me the other day. "Don't waste you're time with all this brooding over Malfoy or whatever!"

Some part of me wishes she understood. Every other part of me is glad that she doesn't.
It was a truly dejected state, one that I would hate if anyone knew the premise of.

But the thing was, Draco knew that state. He was in it. Wherever he was, he was wallowing in that same presence. With a different cause, of course, but the same moreover.

People passed by me in the halls, flashing me their biggest smiles from ear to ear and thanking me profusely with their stares. I could never give them back, I could only look away quickly and move along—it was like an apology. I'm sorry that I don't know why I am here. That was it.

I looked in hallways, empty classrooms, the Great Hall, the Owlery, I even stopped at Hagrid's to say hello since I hadn't seen him much. On the way back, I check by the tree where Draco had gone before when he didn't want to go to the Hospital Wing. It was a likely possibly that he was hurt, and was refusing help.

Draco wasn't stupid, so he wouldn't do something stupid, right?

Nevertheless, I checked all around the Black Lake and the borders of the Forbidden Forest—just to be sure.

I went back inside the second it began to darken outside.

I neared Ophiuchus' portrait, I could almost feel her excitement radiating off her as she saw me approach.

"Glasses! I found him! I found him!" she squealed with glee.

I sighed in relief, "Great. Where?"

"He just went in the common room not ten minutes ago," she said. "He did a weird thing with his hand when he saw me smiling at him, but I was just happy that I helped you!"