Kagome could only roll her eyes at his questioning gaze and unasked question, more than used to it once she gave her name out, “Yes, I’m not from around here. From Japan actually.” Her voice held a twinge of longing and it was clear to him that she did not leave her homeland either willingly or on good terms but that wasn’t his business.

Shifting he winced at the torn and jagged skin of his wound throbbed, as if demanding to be taken care of, grunting he shifted in his sitting position lifting his arm in front of him to gauge the damage.

His shirt had been torn open, the skin under it giving way like paper under a pair of sharp scissors. A fine haired two inch gash peeked up at him from the frayed fabric that was his shirt. Red blood blossoming and staining the fabric surrounding the wound as it dripped down his arm, whatever thin scab that had covered the wound was torn open by the action to form a small rivet down his arm to drip off the ends of his fingertips.

“Fuck.” Indeed, it wasn’t that it hurt so much that he knew that if he didnt stop the blood flow that he risked getting woozy and now was not the time for him to be passing out. Inwardly he cursed the piece of shit who had recently taken up most of his stores of duct tape. 

He jerked back as small hands grabbed his arm and angled it so dark blue eyes could peek at the wound. He pulled back, instincts flaring to life. All he needed was for her to get all squeamish on him and pass out. He didn’t know what it was but most women could not stomach the sight of blood even though they saw more of it in one week of the month then most men did in a lifetime.

“Hey, hold still and let me see!” Her voice was scolding, her body moving to kneel in front of him, as if she was used to having to berate someone for pulling away from her. What, did she moonlight as some kind of nurse? Voicing his thoughts, all the while shrugging out of her grasp he could only grin as she glared up at him.

“Yeah, something like that now would you it still and let me see the damage?” Honestly she felt like she was dealing with a child, no scratch that, even Rin and Shippo behaved better then this when it came to her patching up them after their various encounters with demons and what not. He merely gave her that shit eating grin that left her with the urge to smack it off his face as he expertly avoided her attempts to not only get a hold of his arm but to look at his wound.

Just how often did he get hurt that he was almost god level at twisting and turning out of every hold she used to attempt to see his wound? Not wanting to pry too much she kept her question to herself and instead huffed at him as he gave her that small little smirk.

Scowling at the larger male she moved closer, her blue gaze meeting his dark brown hues. "Would you stop struggling and just let me help you? Jesus, what is it with you men always being so damn stubborn?!" Honestly, it was like the male species was predisposed to refusing help even if it meant dying!

Snorting Sang-wook turned his face away from hers, doing his best to ignore the way she had firmly placed herself between his bent legs, kneeling in front of him as her hands lightly tugged on his arm begging him to let her see the extent of his wound.

The concern that swirled in her deep blue hues put him on edge. How long had it been since someone had looked at him like that? Years? Decades?

It was a nice change of pace yet he knew what came next, what always came next. The second he lowered his guard and opened himself up to prying hands and eyes they jerked back not ready to face his scars. 

Both physical and other.

"Just drop it. I'll be fine. Worry bout yourself." His voice was gruff and a bit defensive and it only made her frown that much more. Just what had he gone through in his life to make him so resistant to a helping hand?