Tommy turns to Jeremiah, Isaac's dad. "Alright Jeremiah. You vowed to God to never pick up a weapon again, I know that. But can you ask Him, from me, if you can help us today?"

The wind howls again, sweeping in silence and raising the strands of brunette hair on Tommy's head.

Jeremiah salutes. "God says he don't deal with Small Heath, sir."

The men around him smile at his unwavering loyalty, and John hands him a gun, nodding.

"Listen, Arthur, Scudboat, you take the flanks. Just like at St Marie." Tommy orders. "Danny, will be back soon."

Danny Owen, also known to them as Danny Whizz-Bang, is a friend and part of the Peaky Blinders. A man that fought with Tommy in the war. He had been sent to go get Isaac Jesus and bring him back to Birmingham, Tommy's orders.

With a complete change of expression, Tommy turns to Curly, readjusting his peaky cap. "Curly. If any Shelby man dies here today, you bury us side by side."

With that, Tommy steps down from the platform, his hands in his coat pockets. "All right. We have ten minutes boys, make your peace with whoever."

•••

Cigarette in hand. Whiskey on the table. Tommy looked up at the ancient roof of The Garrison. This was what could be a last supper. A last commitment.

He hears a door handle twist as he pours another drink.

"She's in surgery now. She's fighting."

Tommy immediately looks up to see Harry Kimber, who had just came back quickly from the hospital.

His eyes were bloodshot, ghostly looking and exhausted.

"She's fighting harder than any of us will in the next few minutes." Harry was now on the other side of the counter, opposite Tommy.

"What have the doctors said?" His gaze was on his morphed reflection that stared back at him on the shiny counter.

Tommy was more concerned than he showcased.

"They say she's losing a lot of blood." You could sense the deep pain in Harry's voice despite the strong front he was putting on. "You know, everyone's talking. Talking about my sister like they know her. They're saying that this is a punishment for getting involved with the Peaky Blinders, that bad things happen when you're around them."

Tommy didn't respond, he wasn't even looking at Harry. "Yet, it's funny to me that they think that, because everyone round here still wants you to win this battle."

Tommy blew sweet smoke into the cool air, gripping his cigarette.

"I think, what it is..." Harry starts, thinking to himself. "You're bad men, but you're our bad men."

Silence again, as smoke escapes Thomas Shelby's mouth.

"Where's Daisy, then? Will you go deal with her?" Harry questions, getting angry at the thought of her.

Tommy shakes his head slowly. "No one wants to be around a person walking to their death. She isn't my concern anymore."

"Then what is your concern Tommy?"

A Gangster With Roses • Tommy Shelbyजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें